Will a filler work for my for nose problem? (photos)

The tip of my nose has a "dent", I've been told it is split cartilage. I HATE it! If you are looking down at the top of my nose it is indented the goes down and splits my front view of nose in two. The end of my nose looks like a butt and I've been made fun of it LOTS of times. Make up does not cover it. I don't want surgery will a injection filler work? If so which one is best?

Fillers for Nose Job

Thank you for your question. I usually inject Voluma or Bellafill for nose job/reshaping mainly when I work on the nose bridge and I put it deep on the bone or nose cartilage to lift up the skin and reshape the nose. However for patients similar to your case when I work at the tip of the nose or nostril, I choose either Restylane Silk or Belotero and I do inject very slowly and gently, to place a thin layer of filler subdermally for the best results. Make sure to find a very experienced physician who has done plenty of nose filler injections and check out their before and after pictures. Good luck!

Irvine Physician

Fillers and the Nose

Injectable fillers are used at times to modify the shape of the nose but I would caution against injecting any filler into the nasal tip.  Your concern seems to be the gap between the two cartilages that provide shape to each side of the nasal tip .  I believe strongly that this should be accomplished through Rhinoplasty performed by an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler in the Tip of Nose

Hello! Thank you for your question, and for sharing your pictures. Filler can be used in the nose to correct bumps and deficits, however, I would advise you to proceed with caution. Because the skin in the nose is very very thin, and because any irregularity will be very easy to see in profile, getting filler to look "just right" in the nose can be very challenging. Additionally, the blood supply in the tip of the nose is very poor, and this is an area with the complication rate can be high. In my practice, I generally do not inject this area with filler. However, there are many exceptionally skilled physicians who do. I would proceed with caution, and make sure that the injector who does this procedure (if you decide to move forward) has a great deal of experience in injecting the nasal area. I hope this helps!