Can I have just one breast redone?

Only One Breast Requiring a Revision

Yes, a #revision can be done for one breast rather than both. In fact, this is not uncommon for implant failure ,  size or position problems. You will need to meet with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon to better determine your specific #breast #implant #revision needs.

Can I have just one breast redone?

Thank you for your question. Without at least a description of what is going on, it can be hard to say. But, there is nothing that assures you have to have surgery on the other breast if there are no problems. If you have a completely normal breast that you are happy with, then there is no reason to mess that up.Hope this helps!

Can I just revise one breast?

Thank you for your question.  Replacing one implant would depend upon what the problem is.  In some cases it is okay to only replace one implant.  Not knowing what the problem is makes it difficult to answer your question.  It would be best for you to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and get an exam in order to answer your question.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Revision surgery depends on the problem

Whether or not one breast can be revised without the other depends a lot on what the problem is and  other factors. More information is needed in order to offer a better answer.

Richard Baxter, MD

Revision

Depending upon when the implants were first placed it may be possible to have only one implant redone. Consult with plastic surgeon thst specializes in revision in your area

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Can I have just one breast redone?

Although good advice would require much more information, it is generally possible to undergo revision breast surgery on one side only.  This is of course assuming that you are pleased with one side and the other side can be adjusted to match. 

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

Redone

If one breast is doing well, and you are happy, leave it alone. If, however, you have old silicone gel implants in both breasts, the implants need to be removed from both. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon