Chest work out damaging breast implants?

5'7 140lbs, athletic lifestyle, 20s, gone through 3 BA, have 800cc under muscle since sept 2015. I read too many different answers regarding if doing heavy chest work out will damage my implants. Does it cause displacement? I already know that one should start working out slowly after 4-8weeks post op but im nearly 1 year post op - can i lift as heavy as i want? why and why not?

Thank you for the question.  In the long-term patients who undergo breast augmentation surgery should be able to return to all activities with full strength. At this point, you should be clear to proceed with all forms of work out. Of course,  your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource for more specific advice

Generally, I suggest patients gradually ease back into the strenuous aerobic exercise 4 to 6 weeks postoperatively, assuming that they are doing well and there have been no complications. Lower body exercise can generally be resumed 2 weeks postoperatively. Use common sense, listen to your body, and gradually resume previous activity. In my practice, I ask patients to avoid contact and strenuous exercise involving the pectoralis major muscles ( such as push-ups, bench press, burpees, dancing on a pole…) for at least 3-6 months. Best wishes.

Workout after breasts augmentation redo

Dear Beabea,   Sorry for the multiple procedures that you had to go through. I hope that you are happy with your last surgery.   As far as strenuous activity , in my practice , my patients who had breasts augmentation or redo breasts augmention,  are cleared to return to normal activity without limitation after 1 month. If they had redo breasts augmentation with internal bra (capsulorrhaphy), they are cleared to resume their activity after 8 weeks.    You have to realize, though, that if you tear a muscle due to heavy lifting etc, and you bleed in the pocket, you will develop  capsule contracture. That can happen even years after your surgery and it is just a risk that you take when you have breasts augmentation surgery. This , however is very rare and I have seen it only once in 29 years.                      All the best,                                        Dr Widder

Implants and displacement

There are many different types of women that have implants and all perform various levels of exercise. It should not impact your implants.