I had a facelift 6 months ago. I feel dizzy, off balance & become unable to concentrate. along with pain.

Big problem, I have a "roar" in my head, & mostly my ears along with pain. Saw Neurologist, & GP. Had an MRI. There are nerve issues, should resolve itself. Have you ever heard of this? Any advice for me?

Neurologic problems of the head and neck after a facelift.

What you describe appears to be related to the middle and inner ear which would not really be affected by a facelift. I think you should proceed with a full workup as has been begun. It sounds as though it might be time to consult with an ENT specialist.

Roar after facelift

I agree with the other physicians. Is think ENT consult could help. Most likely involves problem in the ear itself
This should be able to be resolved pretty easily

best of luck

Dizziness after facelift

Agree with others. This may be coincidence in timing that these symptoms occurred after your facelift but it could also be the fluids you receive during your facelift which may cause a shift in inner ear fluid balance, which can be responsible for dizziness. 

I recommend end seeing an ENT, specifically someone who sees a lot of dizziness patients. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

"roar" in the head

I agree-- you need to see an ENT specialist. There are other tests that can and should be run. The "roar" is indicative of an inner ear/ hearing nerve involvement which can also be associated with a nerve hearing loss. The pain is often related to irritation of the jaw bone joint (TMJ) related to the dizziness. All of these symptoms need to be addressed.

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

I feel dizzy, off balance. Roar in head.

The symptoms that you are describing are classical of inner ear problems not related to the surgery. You need to see an ENT specialist with the results of the MRI. You also may need an audiogram to asses the amount of hearing loss (if any) that you have due to the roar" in your head sensation. If the neurologist and GP have told you that you have a nerve condition, then it must be a cranial nerve 8 condition. This nerve is the responsible for hearing and balance. It will not get damaged by a facelift, but you need an ENT specialist evaluation in order to get the best treatment. There are different reasons why this nerve gets affected and the evaluation by the ENT is crucial in order to diagnose correctly. You can also look for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift - dizzyness and loss of balance after six months

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• I have not seen this is patients after a face lift but these are symptoms that occur with various inner ear problems, including Meniere's.
  • I have seen similar symptoms in people with an outer ear canal blocked and in people after trauma.
  • It is essential to see an ENT specialist -
  • Arrange for the MRI to be sent to the ENT specialist for review at the time of your consultation.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Pain post facelift

You seem to have done all the right things.I would also consider going to an ENT doctor and seeing if you have an inner ear problem causing these problems.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Suddenly feeling dizzy 6 months post #facelift: maybe an inner ear problem unrelated to surgery

I don't recall any patients with those symptoms 6 months post facelift surgery but I would suggest you see also an ENT as the middle and inner ear can be responsible for balance issues and dizziness unrelated to a facelift.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

Roar in my Head

Most  issues related to a face-lift
resolve in 6-12 months. It will be
a good idea to have an ENT  Dr.
examined your ears inside to R/O
any obstruction. Occasionally 
other conditions not related to the
primary surgery may occur.

Hope this help.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon