Dentist put on a BL3 next to my B-0. He says that even if he ordered B-0 from the same lab it won't match. Is this true? (photo)

I had all my upper teeth done in veneers in 2001. The left front tooth was originally a root canal tooth. Oct 2015 that veneer fell off my front tooth & I needed an implant done. Veneer was in perfect shape & I wanted to keep it for the color match. Lab threw it away. Having hell matching this one tooth now. All my teeth were done in B-0 & seated with B-1 cement. I'm sick. I hate the way my front teeth look now.Any advise?

Discolored tooth #DrSoftTouch

Matching a dark tooth that has had a root canal can be difficult to do, but it is possible. Veneers can be made to perfectly match the shape and shade of your adjacent teeth. What I usually do in a case like this, is give the shade selection and the shade of the underlying tooth to the lab. I would recommend returning to your dentist to express your concerns. Good luck and I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Veneer over root canal tooth

Hi:

Matching a gray root canal tooth with other veneers and crowns is a difficult task.  What I have done that is very helpful in my practice is to get the shade of the root canal tooth and tell the lab to make sure they can mask the color by making a replica of the color of the tooth underneath the veneer.  Once the veneer is made I normally cement the veneer over the root canal tooth with an opaquer cement so as to make sure none of the color comes through.  

Hope this helps!

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist