Is it possible to remove a piece of cartilage inside of the nose without major surgery? (Photo)

As shown in the picture attached. There is a small piece of extra cartilage in my right nostril. Is it possible to remove this without going forward with major surgery/rhinoplasty. I do not have breathing problems, and am happy with the rest of my nose.

Is it possible to remove a piece of cartilage inside of the nose without major surgery?

Hi there

correction of the columella (columella plasty) can be done under local anaesthesia or intra venous sedation provided that you don't have any other problem in the nose

the results are usually really good.

best of luck

Candidate for a columella- plasty

a better set of photographs of the base of the nose required from the front, base view, three-quarter view, and side view to make a determination about being a candidate for a columella-plasty. This is still considered a partial component rhinoplasty is usually performed under a brief general anesthesia for patient safety and comfort. For many examples of columella-plasty and more information, please see the link and the video below

The extra cartilage in your nostril

It is hard to say from the picture if your issue is septal deviation or if the cartilage from the tip of your nose is pushing into your nostril. If it is from your septum, you would need a septoplasty to correct this. If that is from your lower lateral cartilage (the cartilage from the tip of your nose, it would need to repositioned to the correct position. I recommend you see a facial plastic surgeon for further evaluation of the cause and counseling on your options.

Arash Moradzadeh, MD