What kind of tummy tuck results can I expect with a short torso? Does having a short torso make a difference? (photo)

because Of my short torso and the fact that I need a slight lift of the pubic area I am afraid that my scar will ride high no matter what? How much skin (in inches) between the new belly button and pubic hair line can I expect to have? Also would all the stretch mark below the belly button be removed.? I would like to know what I can expect based on my photos. Thank you for your help! I'm still working out and getting closer to my ideal weight everyday!

No problem with high scar

Based on your photographs you appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  I don't see anything that would make me concerned about a high scar.

What kind of tummy tuck results can I expect with a short torso? Does having a short torso make a difference?

A good flat result should be expected.Low incision possible with a small vertical component. At least 8 to 10 cm distance. Most but not all the stretch marks will be eliminated. Good luck...

Short torso

The torso height should not make any impact on your overall results.  I'm glad to hear you are waiting until you've reached your ideal weight/goal weight before opting for a tummy tuck.   Most of your stretch marks below your belly button should be removed.  Any stretch marks above your belly button will be moved to the lower portion of your tummy after your tummy tuck.  Based on your photos, it looks like you could be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  Of course, a physical exam is required to make any formal recommendations.  So please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. 

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

TT in a short torso

Hi, thanks so much for posting your pictures and your questions. You seem to be an ideal candidate for a TT, I would combine it with flanks, waist and lower back liposuction. I would say you would have a great outcome. As a suggestion please try to loose weight in order to get as closest as possible to your ideal weight. Stretch marks below your bb would be resected with that skin. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss thoroughly all your concerns and expectations with your doctor.
Good luck in your PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck in Patients With a Short Torso

The scar height is important to consider when planning a  tummy tuck incision. Today's underwear, bikinis, jeans,and shorts all are much lower than in the past so a lower scar that does not elevate the pubic hair is required.  Your surgeon has to allow for the scar to ride up when planning the pubic lift, and about 13 cm (about 5 inches) from the belly button scar is what I try to achieve, with 5 to 7 cm (about 3-4 inches) from the scar to the bottom of your "girl parts." The actual measurements vary as to body type, of course !

Usually, all the unfavorable skin below the belly button can all be removed, if not significantly improved. 

The challenge of a shorter torso is getting the curves that come from a narrow waist.  You dont have much space between your ribs and hip bones, so muscle tightening along with lipo will be needed to correct (as much as possible) a "blocky" shape.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Short torso, less of a waistline

I find that the shorter the torso I have to work with for a tummy tuck the less of a waistline or hour glass figure I can achieve.  We can usually get rid of most of the stretch marks below the belly button, unless they are high above each of your hips.  It looks like you may have a lot of visceral fat (fat in your abdominal cavity) that would limit how much your abdominal wall fascia can be tightened, which would affect how much skin can be removed, which would determine how low your scar can be placed.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to adequately access all these things that can affect the results that can be achieve.  Best wishes.

You appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck with a low scar. Look at reviews and before and after pictures as well as credentials to select your surgeon.

Confusion in concepts

The belly button can't be relocated in tummy tuck, in fact there is NO method in the world to change the location height of a belly button, so it will be the same nave, at same location and at the same distance from pubis, though exiting to the surface through a new button-hole. I hope you get this.

I'd say 50% of your stretch marks will lie within the piece of skin to be resected, not bad in my opinion.

Also you have serious bloating due to diastasis (widening) of the tendon joining the rectus musles at the midline; this repair is part of standard TT procedures.

Lose weight down to normal parameters and you'll be an ideal candidate.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

What kind of tummy tuck results an I expect with a short torso? Does having a short torso make a difference?

Having a short torso or some excess skin in the pubic area will not have an affect on how low your scar can be placed. A low scar is much more aesthetically pleasing. Most if not all of the stretch marks below the belly button will be removed. The stretch marks above the belly button will be moved lower on your abdomen below the position of the new belly button. Your new belly button position will be in a very similar position to where it is now. The excess skin is cut away and the remaining skin is pulled tight, but the belly button is left on your abdomen in almost the exact place that it is now. We may move it a few millimeters to gain the most aesthetically pleasing result (the belly button is attached to the abdomen so it cannot be moved far). It looks like from your photos that you will have a great result after a tummy tuck!

Excellent candidate for abdominoplasty.

You should get an excellent result from an abdominoplasty. The level of the scar can be placed by your surgeon at your request. All of the stretch marks between the umbilicus in the pubic area will be removed. Elevation of the Mons is part of the operation.