Can fillers (botox, sculptra, Restylane) or even Collagen injections help saggy skin above knees?

Can saggy skin above knees be treated with fillers (botox, Restylne, Juvaderm...Collagen..)? Hi, I am thin, athletic, 51 years. I have saggy skin above my knees. The skin looks like the skin of someone very elderly. I had Thermi tight and Thermi smooth done with NO visible results. Miserable with these knees. Advance thank you for considering this option (filler) above knees. And if the answer is yes, what are the pros and cons to do this as a treatment.

Sagging Knees

Without photos it is impossible to evaluate the area.  I use Thermage with great results to tighten the skin around the knees.  If there is fat in the area Coolsculpting can help as well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Knee Contouring/Lifting -- VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, Kybella, Sculpsure, Liposonix, Ultrashape, Thermage/Ultherapy

I use a ton of sculptra and thermiRF to sagging knees. I suggest you see an expert there are alot of treatment options depending on your situation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Helping sagging knees

There are docs injecting Sculptra in this area to improve volume loss but I don't know their results. Thermitight is a good option for this area and I'm surprised it didn't give any results. I have used Infini in this area and you can see a before and after in the the photo section for Infini. Where Thermi gets to 45 degrees C, Infini gets to 65-70 C. This gives coagulation and more collagen formation than at 45 C. I believe this to be a better treatment than Ulthera can give because it is in the dermis (where Ulthera would be deeper) and Infini will lay down many more coagulation points than Ulthera. I have had improvements in the 5 patients I've used it on. Typically patients want more results than devices can give to this area. So even with picture documented results, they want even more. See link for b and a.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treatment of Saggy Skin Above the Knees

Hi Lisa. Saggy skin above the knees has always been a very difficult area to treat, and until recently there had really been no good treatment options for it. In my opinion, Thermitight is the best treatment for this area and I am surprised that you did not see any results after your treatment as we have been getting very good results with it. Remember, it can take up to 6 months to start seeing results from a ThermiTight treatment. Fillers may help provide a mild improvement. But, the temporary nature of fillers and the volume needed to correct this area would not make it a cost-effective or appropriate solution. If ThermiTight did not work for you then I doubt that Ultherapy would either. I would suggest an in person evaluation with an experienced provider who has multiple treatment options available that could help guide you towards a suitable option for you. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately neither botox nor fillers will help accomplish what you are describing.  I would recommend posting some images of your knee skin to have alternative treatment options recommended.  

Saggy Skin above the knees, what to do?

Hello, thank you for your question. Although fillers and botox are not used in this area, there are other skin tightening options available out there. The two devices that come to mind are Ultherapy and Infini. Ultherapy and Infini are both devices that deliver heat into the lower levels of the dermis to stimulate collagen. This area, above the knees is considered "off label", meaning that they have not received FDA approval for these areas, but there have been many treatments performed in this area with both of these devices with good results. You can check in your area to see if either of these devices are available and then contact the provider to see if they can provide treatment for that area.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Fillers over knees...

Unfortunately, no. Most HA fillers are meant to be injected just under the skin or right on top of the bone for facial volume loss. They are not indicated for this area, and in my opinion, it would not be a wise decision to have an off label use of them injected here, due to the movement of the joint area. 

I would seek counsel from your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for other skin tightening options. 

Best of luck. 

#saggyknees  #skinelasticity    #botoxandfillers

Fillers for knees

Botox is not a filler and would not be useful in treating the skin of the knees.  I have used Radiesse in the knees of some patients, but this was not done to improve saggy skin but rather contour irregularities.  Photos or an examination of your knees would be helpful to see what treatment options you might have.  Fillers would not be traditionally used to improve saggy skin above the knees, but it still might be possible that they could help to some extent.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon