Do the holes left from the Dermaroller ever disappear?

Hi,more than 1 week ago I used a 0'5mm dermaroller on my forehead , and it left tiny holes which I guess is to be expected? I'm wondering if this is indeed normal and if they ever disappear?(I'm a 24 years old woman, and have used the dermaroller for a few scars left from acne and hyperpigmentation)

Holes from the Dermaroller

I do not like using rollers for micro-needling as they create a more erratic pattern of "tears" through the skin rather than the clean, more evenly distributed punctures seen with the motorized micro-needling machines. In my office we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, in the majority of times. (0.5 Dermaroller is relatively safe)

Short answer- yes in the MAJORITY of times, especially with a 0.5 mm roller. This is only week one, you will notice a gradual fade over the months. Make sure you use the correct titanium ones with narrow needle widths. 

I prefer to use a stamping method myself, however rolling is a cheaper from of needling that has more side effects. See video below on how I use to perform skin or derma rolling. 

All the best,and don't worry.

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist, 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist