Wound vac after tummy tuck (Photo)

Hi my name is Rosie , im wearing a womb vac right now im 6 1\2 weeks post op from tummy tuck n muscle tighting , my womb is on my hair line below my belly button , i wanted to find out if light cardio is ok . ( walking on tread mill ) at gym im gg crazy n i feel like my getting fat again . Ive inserted 2 pic. Ty

Wound Vacs

will help accelerate your healing and I would have no problems with my patients doing activities that did not involved movement around the wound, such as sit ups or twisting side to side.  But you should check with your surgeon first as he/she would be the one dealing with any fallout if anything unexpected should occur.  I'm sorry you are going through this but you will heal and hopefully it will be better than anyone could have imagined.

Wound Vac

Thank you for your question. With an open wound in this state I would not advise gym activities. Your nutritional health and maintaining good circulation are important but risk of infection and tension/friction to the area should probably be reduced. I hope you are following up closely with your Plastic Surgeon. I recommend that you ask them to recommend your activity at this point.

All the best

Wound vac after tummy tuck

I am sorry to see that you require a wound VAC to assist in your wound healing.  You will need to check with your plastic surgeon before undertaking any exercise. Depending on the severity of your open wound and how much it tracks underneath, it may not be advisable to do much exercise at this point. Only your plastic surgeon knows this information and can give you the proper advice. 

Orna Fisher, MD

Takes time

The open wound and wound vac complicates your life.  Some light workouts may be fine, but best to check with your plastic surgeon.

Wound Vac and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for the pictures and sorry for the unfortunate complication you are experiencing.  At this point my recommendation would be to follow closely with your plastic surgeon and ask him/her what they recommend.  I would not recommend any vigorous activity until the would have healed.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Thank you for the question and sorry for your complication but follow your surgeons advice.  If you were my patient I would caution against doing too much

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Options for exercise are very limited when you have an open wound

It is very unfortunate that you are having to deal with your wound healing issue.  The Wound Vac is a great tool, and it is very effective at helping keep big wounds like this clean and helping them to heal faster.  It's not an overnight thing, but it definitely helps.  The problem with doing too much exercise during the time that the tissues are healing is that it can put a lot more stress on the tissues, and it can cause them to swell more than they are now.  This will only serve to delay the healing even more.  My best advice is to keep the exercise very light, don't get your heart rate and blood pressure elevated, and just do gentle walking for only modest distances and times right now.  Talk this over with your own surgeon too, though, as they will have specific recommendations on what is best to ensure your fastest recovery.  Best of luck.

Wound VAC after Tummy Tuck

Dear Rosie,

Thank you for your pictures.  I am sorry that you have had some complications. In my opinion nothing more than normal walking would be advisable at this point.  Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon as well. Good Luck!