Bodybuilding / Weightlifting After Rhinoplasty

hey everyone how r u? iam pro bodybuilder i am going for a rhinoplasty next week can you tell me after 18days of surgery can i resume my activity and take anabolic substances like nandroloneand testosterone will it affcet healing and swelling after 18 days of after surgery please resolve both concerns thankx...

Questions regarding resuming body building and anabolic steroids following rhinoplasty

The questions that you are asking here should actually be asked of your surgeon. Everyone has a slightly different protocol that they recommend and since you have a surgeon already - call them.

For my patients, I usually recommend waiting until around 3 weeks fo engage in strenuous activities. Steroid usage for body building is not something that I could recommend or support for a multitude of reasons that are unrelated to your planned rhinoplasty procedure.

No weightlifting for 1 month after Rhinoplasty

No, IMHO I do not allow my Rhinoplasty patients to do any strenuous activity that would increase blood pressure and therefore blood flow into the nasal tissue for 1 month after their Rhinoplasty. If they, do and weightlifting clearly falls in this category, they and you risk creating a nose bleed that may require placement of nasal packing that could tear internal sutures, displace nasal bones and ruin the Rhinoplasty results.

Bodybuilding steroids and rhinoplasty

I understand your desire to return to your regular workouts after surgical a surgical procedure.  Rhinoplastic surgery is very fine surgery and depends extensively on your post op care and healing process.  Besides the fact that as a physician I can not condone the use of steroids; it is a very risky bussiness for you to consume such drugs during your post-operative recovery period.  Steroids does limit your healing process and can pausibly cause complications.  I also ask my patients to refrain from heavy excercise for about 3 weeks.  As always please ask your physician/plastic surgeon what their opinion is.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Bodybuilding post rhinoplasty

It all depends on the extent of the rhinoplasty. You many not get an answer until after the surgery.  What did the surgeon see when he/she was in there? Did they do extensive septum, turbinate, and bone work? Did they do extensive tip work? Best to take the advise of your surgeon's office before starting on an exercise regimen. We usually tell our patients at each visit what their restrictions are. We tell them, (at the appropriate time),to start slowly and then progress from there. Also, don't be frustrated if you lost endurance, or gains in lifting. It will take a while to get back to where you were. Please do talk with your surgeon and get a plan, so together you are on the same page.               

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS