How to sleep after septoplasty? Also do I wake up to change gauze in the middle of the night?

Is there anyway to help sleeping after septoplasty? I had my surgery earlier today and I'm finding sleeping so difficult and the pain medicine is not making me drowsy at all. One more thing. Do I set an alarm to keep rinsing my nostrils and change my gauze?

Sleeping after septoplasty

Typically, the first week after a septoplasty is not a fun one. I generally recommend sleeping with your head elevated, either with several pillows or in a recliner. Don't expect a full night's sleep. Frequent naps are more likely. I would only worry about rinsing the nose and changing the gauze when you're awake, but check with your surgeon. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to postop care. Happy healing!

Washington DC Otolaryngologist