Can I use dental bonding to cover my front and lower teeth instead of porcelain veneers due to the cost?

My teeth do not have much enamel left due to the medicine my mom took when she was pregnant with me. My dentist had fixed my many teeth problems. My teeth looked good, but my teeth color now is grey, bit of yellow and little transparent due to the fillings. I would like to make them whiter. I remember when I was young in China, the dentist had used dental bonding to cover my whole front and lower teeth. I wonder dentists here can do the same thing to save me some money?

Bonding

Yes, bonding can be done to your teeth to make them look better. You'll need to find a dentist  that is proficient in doing cosmetic bonding. 

Dental Bonding

Yes you can use dental bonding to cover the discoloration. The bonding will stain over time and will have to be replaced. But it can be a great alternative to porcelain if the cost is too high. 

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Dentist

Bonding for intrinsic stain

The type of intrinsic (deep within the tooth) stain you describe can be covered with dental bonding for a fraction of the cost of porcelain veneers; however it will never look nearly as good and will not be nearly as strong.

If you decide to go this route, have your dentist show you many cases he has treated such as yours with dental bonding.

Steven M. Goldy,DDS

Steven Goldy, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist