I have had my front left tooth bonded 3 time for a chip. It has re-chipped. Options? (Photos)

I have had my front left tooth bonded 3 times for a chip. I even just finished Invisalign treatment per my dentist to "fix my bite." The tooth has rechipped. Should I get it rebonded? Would that damage the tooth further? Are there any other options?

Dental bonding

It is challenging for dental bond to hold on the incisal edges of teeth. This area receives considerable stress in function, especially with heavy bite and teeth grinding. I would first recommend bite evaluation. If the bonding keeps breaking, a porcelain veneer would be the best. 

Chipped Bonding

Ironically, the reason it keeps chipping is due to your bite. There is contact on it from your lower teeth. That's the main reason it would continue to chip. (assuming all bonding protocols are adhered to) Your dentist may need to use a little more tooth in the bonding procedure to also get better long lasting results. You don't need anything more invasive than this.

Chipped bonding...options?

The chip is very small and the reasons these usually fail are because of interference with bite after they are placed or because the bonding did not include enough surface area.  I would recommend trying the bonding again but ask your dentist to include 1/3 to 1/2 of the tooth.  If your dentist is skilled in cosmetics, he can make this appear invisible without a seam.  Highly polished and no seam will keep it from staining.  This should be a quick, non-invasive procedure.   Make sure the final bonding does not interfere with your bite when you bite straight down, when you slide back and forth on your front teeth and side to side.  If these recommendations are followed, your bonding should not chip again.  

Chipped tooth options

There are two was of repairing chipped tooth:

1- Composite bonding is a way to repair chipped teeth but in your case your cap is too little for bonding and probbly will continue falling so i will show you the other option.

2-Veneers. Veneers are covers for a tooth with porcelain veneer because can provide the most attractive and realistic results possible and also it is more durable.

Good luck!

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist