Discharge and belly button odour after tummy tuck.

I had a tummy tuck over 6mths ago and j have had discharge and odour. My surgeon has recently removed the undissovable stitches and restitched with new. 10 days after that still draining and strong odour. Have had 5 or more lots of anitiotic. Looking for a new reason or solution for this.

Post-Op Healing - Discharge and odor

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am so sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your incision, but the best recommendation I can offer is to see your surgeon immediately for evaluation of the area to make sure that there is no infection or if there is to take care of it right away. I wish you the best and hope it heals soon.

Thank you for your question. There may still be infected suture present which maybe causing the drainage. You may require additional surgery if antibiotics are not treating it. It is best to see your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

TT drainage

Hello, without a proper assessment it is not possible to understand what might be causing your ongoing umbilical odour and drainage.  For this type of problem it would be best to arrange followup with your surgeon.

Probably more sutures

You likely have more infected sutures. I would contact your surgeon's office ASAP. You might need a larger scale operation to clean this out. 
Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon