Is this a normal mole? (Photos)

I'm really nervous about this mole. At times its real and crusty. Last night it opened up and hurts. Not sure what to think?

Biopsy

As a general rule any change in a mole or bleeding should warrant a thorough examination and biopsy. I suggest you see a dermatologist as soon as possible.

London Dermatologist

Biopsy

The only way to know for sure what it is is to go to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a biopsy, send it for pathology (look at it under a microscope).  I would recommend you do this in the near future. 

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Normal Mole

From the photos, it is impossible to give you a clear answer.  I would strongly suggest that you see a dermatologist as soon as you can.    The way this looks, it needs at least a biopsy, if not a full removal, but that decision would be made by the doctor who looks at this.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist