How long until filed teeth go back to normal? (Photos)

I had my front teeth filed at the sides three days ago as part of my Invisalign treatment. I have a trip planned in a month and was wondering if my teeth would go back to normal by then.

IPR with Invisalign #DrSoftTouch

Interproximal reduction is used when teeth are overcrowded and involves the dentist removing a minimal amount of tooth structure in between the teeth to create space. This creates the room needed that will allow your teeth to move properly throughout the course of your Invisalign treatment. Before long, you'll notice that these small spaces have disappeared. Enjoy your trip! I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Filed Teeth

Thanks for the photos.

Your teeth are moving with your Invisalign treatment. Before long, perhaps even by the time you read this, your spaces will have disappeared and the teeth will be touching again. As you continue thru the Invisalign process, you may have some more polishing done between your teeth to open up spaces for the movement to continue.

When the whole process is complete, all the teeth should be touching and be lined up properly! 

Charles Briscoe, DDS
La Jolla Dentist