I had a posterior body lift for loose skin about 6 months ago, and the scars are uneven, what can be done?

I had a posterior body lift for loose skin about 6 months ago. The scar on the right side is in the correct position, but the left is too high. In addition, I now have loose skin, although not as much, but it is clearly too much. In front of the mirror, and in panties, as well as all bathing suits, the left side incision scar is too high. I am 5'6" and 130 lbs. My inner and outer thighs remain very loose also. I went into the surgery at 134lbs. My buttocks remains low, and too flat.

Uneven scars after body lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  Sorry about your prkblems. When you say posterior body lift, do you mean nothing was done to the tummy area? Revisions can be done but need to be done by an expert plastic surgeon who specializes in post massive weight loss body contouring. Your loose skin and scar may be revised but I would need to see photos.  Review my photos on real self to see if any fit your description.  I believe one under thigh lift mag well do.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I would have to see pictures to make a recommendation.  A scar revision may be appropriate.  I always try to obtain the best result with the least scarring. I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

The scars are uneven, what can be done?

It is not possible to tell you what can be done without photos or seeing you. In many cases, revisions can successfully be performed to correct these things

Balance expectations and recovery

Lower body lift techniques vary from surgeon to surgeon. Likewise, the recovery process can be variable from patient to patient.  Regardless, 6 months post op from a body lift is a bit too early to judge final scar position and end point contour.  Adjusting scar position is more advisable closer to the 10-12 month post-op time period.  Further, I would advise you to followup with your surgeon to get a better idea of postop contour expectations.  Comparing your pre and post op photos will give you a good perspective on the direction your recovery is heading toward.
Good luck with recovery

John Renucci, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring scars

Body contouring for massive weight loss is difficult. The scar is typically a little more pronounced and can be asymmetric due to the weight of the tissue that may distort the incision as it heals. I would advise you to see your plastic surgeon for any possible revisions of your remaining excess skin and scar position.

Body lift and uneven scars

It is difficult to answer without photos and an evaluation. Revisions are able to be performed. I would check with your surgeon or get another opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon