Thermiva vs surgical options for vagina rejuvenation. I am looking to tighten vagina is thermiva a good option?

I am seriously considering vagina rejuvenation. I have had 3 kids all before 28 and my gyn doc insist everything is normal down there. While I know everything is normal, I would like to have a tighter vagina. I would like to feel my husband penis like I use to before kids. Now it seems looser at 38 than even 2 years ago. I was reading on thermiva and I was wondering if it was something I should consider and if it actually works to tighten vagina muscles compared to other options..surgical?

Non surgical vaginal rejuvenation with ThermiVa

Dear Indigo

ThermiVa has been one of our biggest "wow" non-surgical procedures ever and has the added bonus of making 2 people very happy.  Your concern is the most popular reasons that patients come to see us for ThermiVa.
ThermiVa delivers a controlled amount of radio frequency (RF) energy which causes tissue tightening, increased moisture, bladder control, as well as shrinkage of the labia majora and minora. The application tip has a sensor that closely monitors the temperature in real time, which makes it very safe.  
A series of three treatments are performed in the office spaced one month apart. After that most patients will need an annual maintenance treatment. 
The procedure itself is painless and takes 30-45 minutes to complete. Patients describe a comfortable warm sensation, and no anesthesia is needed. There is absolutely no downtime, patients can resume sexual activity the same day. 
I hope that this information is helpful. 
Best wishes
Dr S

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa vs. Surgery for tightening/sexual sensation

Thank you for sharing your (unfortunately common) story.   Despite the fact that your vaginal area may be “within normal limits” that doesn’t mean that things haven’t changed for you or that it is functioning optimally or even tolerably well.  ThermiVa has been shown to contract and tighten the vaginal tissue by using heat to coil collagen and induce new collagen formation.  It may even work to strengthen pelvic muscles.  In addition, patients have reported increased sensitivity during intercourse, increased orgasmic potential, and even a resolution of the inability to have orgasms.  Having surgical tightening will not increase sensitivity and may even decrease it due to cutting off blood supply and nerve endings during the surgical procedure.  ThermiVa is an ideal treatment for patients with complaints similar to yours.  Good luck to you!

Both are options

Our practice offers both surgical vaginoplasty as well as non-surgical Thermiva treatments.  We have been very happy with both techniques, though they fit different patients.   Vaginoplasty is perfect for women who want a permanent reduction in vaginal diameter, or who have enough laxity to develop functional issues such as difficulty having bowel movements.   Thermiva is a great option for women who prefer not to have surgery, and have mild vaginal laxity or pelvic prolapse.   We have been very happy with the results we are getting with Thermiva, and in fact are continuously surprised at how effective it has been for our moderate prolapse and vaginal laxity cases.   Our patients have been very happy with the results!  Thermiva also has benefits in increasing sexual sensitivity, not something that vaginoplasty is likely to improve.

ThermiVa

Excessive stretching of the vaginal muscles is a common occurrence after vaginal birth or due to aging. Damage can diminish sensation during sexual activity, reduce satisfaction.
ThermiVa treatments use radiofrequency energy to gently heat tissue to reclaim, restore and revive feminine wellness, without discomfort or downtime.
ThermiVa uses a special wand applicator which may be applied externally to labia and vulvar tissues to restore normal tissue tone and function. The specially designed handpiece may also deliver radiofrequency energy inside the vagina to revive atrophic tissue and other structures.

• No surgery
  • No downtime
  • No anesthesia
  • Comfortable, in-office treatments
  • Three 30 minute sessions, one month apart
  • May resume sexual relations same day/night
  • Noticeable improvment after 1st or 2nd session
  • Long lasting results

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa for vaginal tightening

Themiva has been demonstrated to improve vaginal dryness, improve vaginal circulation and heighten orgasm. Surgery will always work better but this is a good option
Check on the Real Self or ASAPS physician locater to find a doctor in your area

Nonsurgical ThermiVa vs surgery

Yes, ThermiVa is a good option. ThermiVa is a new nonsurgical radiofrequncy rejuvenation procedure that improves vaginal laxity, labia laxity, urinary stress incontinence from age or childbirth, vaginal dryness, and orgasms. My practice is devoted to nonsurgical treatments of various types. I believe that if there is a safe and effective treatment option that can deliver a noticeable improvement (whether its vaginal rejuvenation or procedures for the face), then it's worth avoiding risks and side effects (and all surgery has some degree of risk or side effects!). In the case of ThermiVa, there is a high rate of satisfaction among patients and this is truly as no-risk a procedure as any I've ever encountered.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVa

Thanks for your question. ThermiVa™ uses an S-shaped hand piece that tightens external and internal vulvovaginal tissue via a thermistor tip which also controls heat delivered to the skin. The provider monitors and tissue’s temperature via a treatment probe. This treatment helps minimize vaginal skin laxity. It's a safe and effective treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. Please find a board certified plastic surgeon or provider that offers this and visit for consultation.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Non-Surgical Vaginal Tightening with ThermiVa

While traditionally, I have always offered a vaginoplasty (surgical option) for vaginal tightening, I have been very pleased with the results that ThermiVa has been able to offer my patients. It is not uncommon that after childbirth, the vagina becomes more lax both on the inside and the outside. This can affect sexual pleasure for both females and males. The benefits of ThermiVa is that there is no downtime and no pain involved. While your Gyn may be right that anatomically, everything is in place, there is no question that the vagina can stretch as we age and there are both non-surgical and surgical treatment options available.

Options for vaginal rejuvenation

Thanks for your question -

Female vaginal health is something that has long been neglected - There are multiple potential solutions for vaginal laxity.  It is completely normal to have a change in vaginal tone after childbirth.  Traditionally surgery has been a mainstay in vaginal rejuvenation and is certainly effective.  

More recent treatments include laser ablation of the vaginal vault and ThermiVA.

The downside to surgery and laser is they are procedures that typically require downtime, recovery and anesthesia for pain control.  ThermiVA has the advantage of avoiding these down sides.

See your plastic surgeon to discuss which treatment is right for you!

ThermiVa

To put it simply, ThermiVa is a great option for vaginal rejuvenation. Numerous clients of mine have raved about the results, especially that they begin to see them after their first treatment.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon