ThermiVa: Is it Safe?
Doctor Answers 22
ThermiVa is a safe in-office treatment
It is not indicated to undergo treatment in the setting of: pregnancy, menstruation, active infection, recent abnormal pap smear, or an implanted pacemaker.
ThermiVa is safe due to built in temperature sensor to avoid burns
ThermiVa is as safe as they come
ThermiVa is a very safe procedure but is contra-indicated in patients who are:
· Have an active vaginal infection (sexually transmitted disease, UTI, etc.)
· Have greater than stage II pelvic organ prolapse
· Have had recent vaginal surgery or vaginal fillers
· Have any of the following implantable devices- AICD’s, mechanical valve, pacemaker, or defibrillators
You might also like...
ThermiVa is definitely safe.
ThermiVa is a safe and effective treatment for vaginal laxity, stress urinary incontinence, urinary urgency, and many types of sexual dysfunction. It uses radiofrequency to transmit heat to the tissues causing collagen coiling and remodeling and inducing new collagen formation. The reason it is safe is the temperature controlled mechanism that modulates radiofrequency output based on the current temperature of the tissue that it is in contact with as compared with the temperature that the physician has set for the treatment. This effectively prevents burns/blisters and other complications that can arise from other heat related treatments and lasers. The result is a warm, pleasant treatment with no downtime.
ThermiVa is a safe procedure. It involves three in-office visits, one month apart. Patients can see results after their first treatment, but full results will be visible after the three treatments are finished.
Is ThermiVA safe?
Most patients are considered candidates for ThermiVa. However, patients who are pregnant, have an active sexually transmitted disease, currently have a urinary tract infection or have cardiac devices such as AICDs, should not be treated with ThermiVa. We also use caution and possibly suggest an alternative treatment if the patient has a greater than stage 2 pelvic organ prolapse or recent vaginal surgery or fillers.
Safety of ThermiVA
There are some contraindications for treatment with this device, but your treating physician should be able to let you know if you are not a candidate for RF treatment.
ThermiVa a safe choice.
ThermiVa: Is it Safe?
Safety of Thermiva
The advantages are :
- Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
- Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
- Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
- Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
- No post treatment downtime
- Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage of the FemiLift and MonaLisa is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well and is more comfortable. These procedures cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.