Will one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane be enough?

I am on a budget as I just had a Breast Augmentation done. I am now looking to get some Juvederm or Restylane done. I know a picture would help. I do not have deep lines. Only one small wrinkle and a VERY small, hardly noticeable wrinkle I want to get rid of by my mouth. This is due to weight loss. I also would like to plump my lips slightly. Would one syringe be enough? And which would last longer? I have my consultation Monday. Thanks!

Thank you for your question.  As you noted it is difficult to make recommendations without photographs but you should be able to obtain a nice improvement in your lips using approximately half a syringe for both lips if you are only interested in a mild plump while the other half can be used for your wrinkles.  Of course this could change with an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps.

Filler amount required

1 syringe of restylane or juvederm may very well be enough for you with 50-60% of it used for your lips and the remainder for the other wrinkles. After 2 weeks, you'll see the final result and can decide if perhaps you want/need another syringe.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

It is difficult to make any comment without seeing a picture. The amount of filler required to achieve your desired result depends on the amount of volume loss and your goals and expectations. Natural results can be achieved with both Juvederm and Restylane but more than one syringe maybe necessary.  Please see an expert injector for in person consultation to discuss your expectations and goals.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Fillers and lips

I usually start with one syringe.  Some patients want more filler to augment the lip. I will often start conservatively and allow patients to decide if they want more now or later.

Maybe--Wrinkle Treatment, Lip Augmentation with Restylane, Juvederm

This will be best answered at your consultation. It depends both on you and the desired look you want. Also, keep in mind that some wrinkles will see best results of a combination of fillers, microneedling/prp and lasers. See an expert in fillers for the best result. Best, Dr. Emer

Will One Syringe Of Juvederm Or Restylane Be Enough?

Thank you for your excellent question.  This is a commonly asked question by many patients prior to their scheduled appointment time.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph or ideally an in-person evaluation.  In general, the amount of dermal filler required to achieve your desired result depends on the degree of age-related volume loss that is present and on your goals and expectations.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved, but more than one syringe of product may be necessary in order to see the best results.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

How many syringes?

Thank you for your question. The short answer is, it depends! It sounds like you could probably get away with one syringe, depending on how deep the particular lines are, and how plump you want your lips to be. Either product works well; Juvederm will likely give you more lift than Restylane, but it depends on your starting point and overall goals. Make sure that you are very clear with your injector, and that you talk about your goals - he or she will be able to tell you rather quickly if one syringe will suffice. In my experience, both tend to last approximately 6 - 9 months. Best of luck! 

Without a picture and knwoing more about your expectation, it is hard to make any comments. While many patients are happy with one syringe, some prefer 2 syringes. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS