Golf After Rhinoplasty?

One month ago I had a Rhinoplasty done along with grafts to help me breathe better. I was wondering if I could play golf at this point? I am huge golfer, but understand that my recovery is far more important and I want to be cautious about it. Thanks!

Answers (3)

Golf After Rhinoplasty?

Dear Vikings,

Thank you for your question. Ok to play, but don't try to 'kill it'.  Have a bit of a calmer game, and work on your short game.  The more you exert, the more swelling you will have.  Also, important to wear really good sun-block on your nose as your skin is more fragile than usual for about 6 months and more suseptible to being burned.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon
49 reviews

Golf after rhinoplasty

Hello Vikings, you are safe to play golf, unless you make it a contact sport! Seriously, I advise my patients that, in most cases, 2 or 3 weeks is sufficient time for initial healing for this sport.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon
13 reviews

Rhinoplasty and Golf

Hi Vikings,

Time to tee it up!  We ask our patients to wait about 3 weeks before resuming full physical activities.  Anyone see a Titliest 3?  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.