Does Botox in the glabella result in a brow lift? (Photo)

I'm interested in Botox in the glabella for my 11's however I am also interested in Botox for a brow lift. I'm wondering if this would be the same area? Or are these two seperate muscle injection sites?

Does Botox in the glabella result in a brow lift?

Botox in the glabella will lift the inner part of the eyebrow when performed properly. If you also desire a lift to the outer portion of the brow a small amount of Botox can be added beneath that area of the brow. The results are subtle but typically look very nice and natural. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

Yes, 
Botox/Dysport/Xeomin, properly placed in the right amounts can give you some lift of the brow. It is not huge but patients love it. Trick is to not overdo the forehead and lose your lift.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lifting Brows with Botox Injections in the Glabella

Injections of Botox in the glabellar region will not lift the brows. This is accomplished with the injection of Botox below the lateral margins of your eyebrows.

Botox Browlift

Dear Ms. Hopeful,

Botox is helpful for many medical and cosmetic reasons. Using Botox in a specific way, it is possible to raise the brows with botox. 

I call this a Botox Browlift. 

It does require more injections that just the glabellar areas. 

I'll include a link to a video that I posted that shows this treatment.

I hope this was helpful and suggest you seek out an experienced injector in your area. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox in the Glabella for Brow Lift

I love being able to place "baby" Botox in the glabella and forehead and create a brow lift effect.  It is great especially for patients who have excess skin over their eyes.  Please consult an expert for this advanced technique. Best, Dr. Green

Botox for brow lift

The glabellar complex and the brow lift treatment are 2 different areas. the glabellar area usually takes 20 units and the brow lift 4 units lateral to each eyebrow

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox for brow lifting, a balancing act between muscle groups.

The muscles of the forehead and the around the eye pull the eyebrow in opposite directions.
Treating the eyebrow position with Botox is a balancing act.

The forehead pulls up. If you weaken the muscles between and around the eye, then the forehead can pull more, resulting in a higher brow (by millimeters) but more forehead wrinkles.

The muscles between and around the eye pull the brow down. If you weaken the forehead muscle, the muscle around the eye can pull more, resulting in a lower brow (by millimeters) and less forehead wrinkles.

Striking a balance between forehead wrinkles and brow position is the goal. It's important to seek out an injector who is familiar with those muscle groups and the limits of Botox. With every new Botox patient, I take photographs and perform an exam with photoanalysis. I like to present both surgical and non-surgical options. And together we decide on a personalized and safe treatment plan

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Glabella and brow lift

Most patients who have Botox in the Glabella get a natural elevation of the lateral eyebrow from it. Best not to have that result be too much as that is why some people look surprised with the high arched eyebrow but if the Botox is done well by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon that reaction is unlikely and it is also easily fixable with a bit more Botox over the brow. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

Thank you for your question BootyHopeful. Botox is a great treatment for the 11's between the brows and can also be used to adjust the position of the brows. Botox works by relaxing muscles in the face. In order to understand how the brow position is adjusted, we need to understand the muscles that move the brow. The frontalis muscle on the forehead above the brow is responsible for elevating the brow. When this muscle is relaxed with Botox (especially if the injection points are low) the position of the brow can go down. The muscles in the glabella between the brow and the muscles in the corner of the brows are responsible for pulling the brows down. When these muscles are relaxed with Botox a slight elevation of the brow can be seen. Everyone is different and some people see a peaked effect after this treatment, which can be corrected by injecting a small amount of Botox in the upper forehead to counterbalance this. The first time I treat patients I have them return in two weeks to assess the results and for any corrections. To lift the brows, injections are made between the brows and at the corners of the brows. I recommend speaking with your doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox for brow lift

Botox injections in the glabella area will lift the medial part of your brow.  By injecting a small amount of botox on the outer aspect of the eye brow will result in a lateral lift as well.  The lift is only a few millimeters however it does produce a nice refreshed appearance.

Martin Jugenburg, MD