Can Botox or a filler raise the brow 4-5 mm?

I am 20 years old and I really don't want to get surgery, but my eyebrows droop, making me look angry all the time. I heard that a non surgical option can only raise the brow by a couple of millimeters, but I really don't think 2-3 is enough for me. So, how high can Botox or a filler raise the brow? Can I use artefill as a more permanent solution? Or do I have to resort to surgery?

Botox Can Slightly Raise Brows for a More “Awake” Look

There are multiple options to non-surgically raise the brow.  These options included: 
  1. Botox
  2. Dermal Fillers
  When performing a nonsurgical brow lift with Botox, I weaken the muscles that draw the brows down while allowing the muscles that raise the brows to function normally. I can also use facial fillers to raise the brow slightly. You can watch the following video to learn more about your options.

Botox to raise the brows

Thank you for your question Adeen. Botox is a great treatment for adjusting the position of the brow. Typically I am able to adjust the position of the brow by one to two millimeters with Botox. A five millimeter elevation is significant and I have not seen this with Botox. Even with Ultherapy I have not seen an elevation of more than 2 millimeters. A surgical alternative might be better for people who desire further elevation. I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

It Depends on Your Brow

It really depends on your own personal anatomy. It's theoretically possible to achieve a more significant lift without surgery, but this approach may not be the best for every patient. It's important to have a consultation with a highly experienced injector, preferably a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. You may get better results by using BOTOX Cosmetic in conjunction with a dermal filler, which can contribute to a lifting effect.

Suzanne Bruce, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Raising eyebrow with botox

Botox or Dysport are excellent choices to raise the eyebrow slightly. The amount is not the same for all people and injection technique is critical. Try that first before spending extra for dillers. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

I have found that Botox can reliably elevate the tail of the eyebrow 1-2 mm only.  This may be enough for you.  If however, you do want a 5 mm elevation, I would recommend you proceed with lateral brow lift for a more complete and permanent correction.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Botox for brow lift

Botox can definitely help with elevating brows and the degree of lift is ready dependent on the patient anatomy as well as the skill of the doctor doing the injections.
In some situations, other treatments such as fillers can help as well.
Please make sure you see an expert doctor.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Eye Brow Lift

It is unlikely that you could get a small lift from Botox, but in our practice we combine Botox with other fillers "layered" on top to get the most conservative natural look. I would suggest trying Botox first before proceeding to the surgical route. Please see a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox to Raise The Brow

If you were told that you could get 2-3 mm, why not try that first? The improvement may just be enough to make you happy, and all without surgery! If it indeed is not enough, you may want to consider a lateral browlift oncee the Botox has worn off and you're back at your baseline appearance. I wouldn't use artefill until a less temporary filler has proven to give the effect you want. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Botox plus filler may raise brows enough

Botox alone probably won't raise your eyebrows 5 mm.  Filler under the tail ends of the brows can raise them a little more.  I prefer to use Restylane there.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Can Botox Raise the Brows 5mm?

I have never been able to raise the eyebrows 5 mm with Botox injections. However you can try this temporary treatment; if not satisfied then consider all your surgical options including a coronal lift, endoscopic lift, and the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago.