How many ml of Juvederm will I need to have symmetric lips? (photos)

Hallo, As you can see I have very asymmetric lips. My biggest desire is to have beautiful full symmetric lips. How many syringe of Juvederm do I need, or what would be the best filler for me? Thank you for every answer.

How many ml of Juvederm will I need to have symmetric lips?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  It would likely take more than 1 syringe but not more than 2 to create the results that you are seeking. 

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip Filler with Microcannula Technique

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. I would recommend starting with 1 syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane. When it comes to lips, it is important to ensure they look natural so I always start with a conservative amount of filler. I usually like my lip filler patients to follow up after 2 weeks, at which point more filler can be added if desired.  I also prefer to use the microcannula technique when injecting filler, which minimizes the risk of bruising and swelling. This technique also allows filler to be injected evenly with less pain than the traditional sharp technique. I recommend consulting with an injector experienced with the microcannula technique for more information about this procedure. Best of luck with your treatment. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I would recommend starting with no more than 1 syringe of filler such as Juvederm Ultra. If you desire more volume you can always have more filler placed at that time. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for Symmetric Lips

Dear ajka1402:

Looking at your photo, I would recommend starting off with not more than 1 syringe of Juvederm and then re-assess treatment outcome after 2 weeks.  In Canada, I use Juvederm Volbella with great effect to enhance and augment lips.  Hope this information helps.  All the best.

Juvederm for Asymmetric Lips

Thanks for your question!  Your lips have a natural beautiful shape right now, so you are a great candidate for lip augmentation.  I would suggest starting with just one tube of Juvederm.   I think this will give you a very natural, full pout to your lips.  Best of luck!

Filling lips, how much?

This is a tough question. I would start out with one syringe of Restylane or Juvederm. After 2 weeks, re-evaluate and see if you want more. I usually only do 1cc per session. There is much more swelling with more syringes per session.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How Much Filler For Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm.  The amount of product required to achieve your desired look depends on your goals and expectations.  I would suggest starting with one syringe of Juvederm.  Please keep in mind that you will see your final result 2 weeks after your treatment.  If you would like more volume after assessing your final result, you can consult with with your doctor and possibly add more product.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Lip Fillers

Thank you for your question and photo.

I would recommend an FDA-approved Hyaluronic Acid filler, performed by a well-trained expert with experience in lip fillers. I would also recommend starting with no more than 1cc of fillers, or 1 syringe, and then retouching the result if you feel you need to. Note that results with fat filling are unpredictable due to possible resorption and changes in the graft with large weight changes. Permanent fillers may cause issues with infections and irreversibility of results. Best of Luck!

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm needed/Asymmetric lips--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat

I get excellent results with any of the HA type fillers (juvederm, restylane, belotero). Fat or implants can give more permanent results. Make sure to see a filler expert to get the best results.  Best, Dr. Emer.