Can anyone notice a difference in my lips? (Photo)

I have had 0.5 ml In top lip first time! When you get done a second time does it last a bit longer only had this done a week ago Never had much swelling have a couple tiny wee lumps I will post before and after pics

Yes, I do see a subtle difference in your lips from the Juvederm. Getting it done a second time will not make it last longer, as the filler is not permanent. After a series of injection some people do notice they need less due to a subtle stimulation of collagen in the area that can occur from Hyaluronic acid fillers. 

Orange County Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I see some difference, but you only had a small amount injected. Fillers may last longer with additional use. Fillers like Restylane, Juvederm are good to create a symmetrical lip. You could also do lip implants or fat for a permanent solution. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Is 0.5 cc of Juvedrm enough to see a difference

I think that 0.5cc is a small amount and often hard to see a difference. Although I do see improvement, you may desire more fullness. More filler can just be added until you get to your desired outcome. Fillers will gradually last a bit longer but that takes 4 or more treatments in my experience. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Can anyone notice a difference in my lips?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think your top lip looks more full. If you desire more volume, I suggest following up with your injector. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

It appears that you did have an increase in lip volume and your lips look quite nice.  If you want a fuller look you should return to your treating physician for additional filler.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your lip augmentation.  It appears that your lips have gotten bigger after treatment but largely as a result of filling out their natural tissue laxity.  They will shrink in size a little over the next several days but at two weeks use your remaining 0.5cc of JVD for a more noticeable increase in upper lip size.  Hope this helps. 

Juvederm lips.

Your lips look great!  Small amounts of Juvederm are fine.  Unfortunately, Juvederm will only last 4-6 months in the lips.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Lip filler

I usually have patients wait about two weeks before adding more product to allow for swelling to subside. I you want a larger upper lip then have more filler placed.