How long does it take to cold/flu like symptoms to disappear? Post Septoplasty in right nostril and left concha bullosa surgery

I had a septoplasty in right nostril and left concha bullosa surgery on May 5th '16. I did not have any splints and instead had a nose pack for a 5 days. I had to travel (20 hour flight) for work 3 weeks after my surgery and i still have cold,swelling and tip of my nose still hurts. My nose gets congested every 2-3 days and have diffulty breathing with my nose. I also noticed traces of blood in mucus since last 2 days. Is this normal? How long does it take to cold/flu like symptoms to disappear?

Continued obstruction 3 weeks after nasal surgery

Swelling and nasal obstruction are common after surgery.  It is better that you follow up with your surgeon so that he may look into your nose to look for correctable causes such as accumulation of debris, adhesions..... On occasion he may start you on another course of antibiotics or a nasal steroid spray.

If you also have a cold and/or flu, this may resolve on it's own.

Return to your primary surgeon.

Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon