I had extended TT sniff anchor lift yesterday 1Pm. My left boob is much harder than right. Why? Normal or blood clot?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It is normal to have one boob bigger than the other and also to have severe pain between the first 5 to 8 days. Go to your surgeon  to check better what's happening. 

Left breast much harder than right.

Its could be due to many reasons, but my suggestion you see your surgeon ASAP. You need professional evaluation to be sure what it is and what to do. Timing can be important. 

Best wishes to you, 

Dr. Andrey Shakhov, 

Andrey Shakhov, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Post-Op Healing

Here is the basic info I provide to patients regarding post-operative healing ad the breast lift:

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

If you find after those first ten days that you are still concerned with your healing process, then it would be good to visit your surgeon for a follow-up and have the area examined to make sure that healing is going well. Good luck.

Firm breast 1 day after breast lift and tummy tuck

Thanks for you questions.  If one breast is significantly harder/larger and/or more painful than the other the day after your procedure it is quite possible that you have a hematoma.  It is also quite possible that you just have more swelling on that side.  Call your plastic surgeon immediately and review your symptoms with them, possibly send photos and be seen immediately if that is what they recommend.  If you are unable to get in touch with your surgeon, go to the emergency room closest to you for immediate evaluation.  Best wishes during your recovery!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Difference in feeling

Thank you for the question but an examination is really needed so see your surgeon.  A hematoma would usually be associated with a size difference 

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Firmness

Good morning,

Yes firmness can be normal after this procedure. Clues to other things may be size differences, excessive bruising and the like. I am sure that a phone call to your surgeon will be able discern the problem and put your mind at ease.

best wishes!

Photos will help

It is difficult to help just based on a verbal history. Detailed photos will help elucidate your problem and a call to your plastic surgeon will also help.

Firmness can just be swelling but the difference is concerning.

24 hours post combination surgery and wonders if breast firmness is normal

Hello Mom3iam,

I'm not quite clear on your question...did you have a combination tummy tuck and anchor style breast lift yesterday?  And, you want to know if the fact that your left breast is more firm than your right is normal or an issue related to a medical problem?

My suggestion is that you give your surgeon a call right away.  It may be perfectly normal or it could be related to possible bleeding of the breast.  A physical exam is essential and an online forum is the last place you want to seek guidance for an immediate post operative concern.

Good luck!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon