Silicone versus gummy bear; high profile versus moderate profile? (Photo)

I am 5'3" and 114 pounds. I am a 34B Breast size (not full) and I work out a lot. I want something a little bigger and to fill Out. Don't want to look super fake and don't want huge. Maybe a full 34 C cup? What do u suggest? Silicone or gummy bear? How many cc's? I'm assuming around 325. High profile or moderate profile???Please help. Thanks . How long is the recovery time before returning to work. I move around a lot at work. Always on my feet

Breast Implant Options

Thank you  for the question and photos. It looks like you are starting from a great place and can expect nice, natural results. Silicone cohesive gel implants are "gummy bear" in nature. The non-liquid, gel form is standard for silicone.  Most of my patients prefer these, in round shape, for their natural look and feel. You may also wish to discuss anatomically shaped implants as well, though there are additional concerns/risks with these that you will want to discuss with your Plastic Surgeon to ensure that they are the right choice for you.

Your Plastic Surgeon will measure your breasts carefully and recommend a small range of implant sizes which will fit you and also provide the "look" you are going for. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form-fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look.

Be sure to choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who's before and after photos appeal to you.

All the best

Implant selection

Hello, if you seek a consultation the surgeon will assist you with implant selection.  They will take into consideration your breast features and dimensions, and your preferences based on before and after photos, trying on sizers, and/or 3D breast imaging.

BA

A 325 cc moderate profile plus implant sounds about right for your desires - a natural look and not too big. A smooth round silicone gel implant under the muscle is a a good technique to give you a nice shape with a tapered upper pole.  If you are concerned with the pec muscle causing implant motion, then a subglandular (over the muscle) textured shaped implant (gummy bear) would be your best bet.  Need 1-2 weeks to recovery.  

Implant choices

It is important to realize that the ultimate breast size and shape depend upon so very many variables. A 300 cc implant on a petite woman with a thin frame may look quite large, but that same implant in an overweight woman may be barely noticeable. Size and shape of the result depend upon the volume of the implant, the shape of the implant, if it is over or under the muscle, your skin and its resilience, stretch marks, the degree of breast sagging, chest circumference, amount and distribution of the natural breast tissue, etc. For this reason, it is impossible to give reliable advice based simply upon height and weight, or even photos.
The only way to approach reliable predictions is with an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon, the use of sizers, 3-D imaging, and most importantly, relying upon the skill, expertise, and experience of your chosen Board-Certified Plastic surgeon.
Please see the attached video to understand the difference between the implants
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Silicone versus gummy bear; high profile versus moderate profile?

I think you are missing your significant asymmetry as seen in the posted photos to volume, shape, N/A position. I prefer Mentor Memory Gel in moderate profile + smooth surface  for you at 350 to 400 cc volumes. Best to seek ONLY in person opinions because you will need some unilateral lift to gain symmetry. 

Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting question.
In my practice i recommend using - Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover.
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants. Also i recommend a breast lift, I suggest a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Right size implant

There really is no perfect.silicone is the way to go and 95% of the time I use moderate profile.In your case I would go over the muscle and probably use a 275 to 350cc implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Augmentation

Hi there.  You have multiple good questions.  First it is important to note that "gummy bear" implants are actually silicone.  The silicone is more tightly bonded and they may hold their shape better than traditional silicone implants.  In my experience, measurements such as the distance from your nipple to your inframammary fold help determine who are better candidates for those type of implants.  The volume of implant I choose is determined by measurements I make on exam in addition to what the patient desires for a postoperative size.  It is difficult to give a precise cup size postoperatively but we can usually get pretty close to what patients desire.  I think you are in the ballpark as far as CCs but you may require a little more volume than 325 cc to get the results you want.  As far as profile, I again think that is a better discussion in person but just from your questions, a moderate plus profile may be a good choice for you.  It is a good compromise between moderate and high profile where you are not overly projected and also have enough base width to fill out your breast pocket.  Again, those determinations are better discussed in person. I usually have patients wait a week before returning to work if they are very active but have had many patients go back in 3-4 days if they can abstain from heavy lifting.  Hope some of this helps.  Best of luck to you. 

Nathan Brought, DO ubxvxybyrexfbbwrybzfey
Franklin Plastic Surgeon