I have had porcelain veneers for 21 years, and now suspect that a bacterial/fungal infection has formed underneath them.

How do I diagnose and treat a bacterial/fungal infection underneath my veneers?

Infection under #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would recommend seeing your dentist for a complete evaluation if you suspect that you have an infection underneath your veneers.  Veneer leakage allows bacteria to enter and form decay underneath the veneers.  If ignored, substantial tooth structure can be destroyed.  If you do in fact have an infection under your veneers, they'll need to be replaced. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Schedule with a Dentist

It sounds as if you have not seen a dentist in a while. If that's the case, you should schedule an appointment with a dentist and have an comprehensive examination. They would be able to determine if anything is failing with your veneers.

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas, TX area

Bacteria under veneers

You don't mention how you know that you are having bacterial leakage under your veneers. The only way to treat this situation is to remake your veneers. After 21 years you have definitely gotten a long life out of them.

Porcelain veneers

If you suspect that you have a bacteria infection under your veneers, you need to see your dentist immediately.  your dentist can take x rays and  examine your veneers .  It may just be your gums.  Either way, if you taste or smell anything  bad you should see your dentist .