How long does Volbella last in the eyes?

How long will Volbella last for the eyes, around and under. I get botox too. Will I have a good correction at 12 months as I would like to stretch it out to a yearly procedure. Also being 27 will I need less filler as I age if start early. Have had 1 syringe Voluma and 1 Volbella and would like to maintain this as I age 3-4ml at most. I get botox regularly and use Retin A along with a pea size amount to face of Physical Sunblock daily. Reapply often if I'm in the sun, just once if not. I'm male

Longevity of Volbella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Volbella is the newest filler on the market for fine lines around the lips and face. It depends on your metabolism, but most likely it will last approximately 12 months.

Volbella Can Last 1 Year Under the Eyes

Juvederm Volbella utilizes a proprietary technology called Vycross, which reduces water absorption, thereby minimizing side effects such as swelling. Vycross also creates a stronger structure that allows benefits to last longer. In many patients, good results can last up to a year in the under-eye area. Vobella is FDA approved only for fine lines around the mouth, however; and since it is new to the U.S., we may find that there may be swelling in the eye area as we treat more patients with it off label. Please make sure your provider is very experienced in filler injections in the tricky eye area. Fillers will actually slow the aging process on your face due to stimulation of collagen, but of course they cannot stop it completely. As we age, we tend to lose volume of fat, muscle and bone over the entire face. As a good rule of thumb, we generally need 1 syringe of filler per decade of life, so as you age you will definitely need more product. It sounds like you have a good skin care regimen, which is highly important in keeping skin youthful. I would recommend using more than a pea size amount of sunscreen, however, and reapply throughout the day regardless of whether it's sunny or not. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out how Volbella can rejuvenate your eyes.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella in other areas

Thank you for your question ciaren. Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the volume, definition, and shape of the lips as well as to address lines on or around the lips. In the United States Volbella has been studied for use in the lips. The pivotal studies demonstrated that most patients enjoy their results for a full year. The use of Volbella in other areas such as the tear troughs is off-label. That being said it is commonly performed. However since there have not been studies done with Volbella in other areas the duration of action is unknown. Volbella uses Vycross technology, like Voluma, which allows for greater longevity. So it is likely to last longer than other fillers in the tear trough. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Volbella and Tear Trough

Volbella should last up to a year in duration and should have beautiful  results.  Volbella is a fabulous natural looking results. Please see an expert in cosmetic injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for sharing your question and it appears that you have an excellent facial care plan going forward.  Based on its studies Volbella is anticipated to last upwards of a year in the lower eyelid.  Hope this helps.