What are my options to fix asymmetry of mouth? (photos)

Looks like one side of my mouth is semi-paralyzed, and droops (doesn't move much) when I talk, although the lips look straighter and more symmetrical when I smile. Currently undergoing invisiline to correct bite, but I don't think that is the problem. I want to correct the droopy look of left side to it looks like my lips are level. Suggestions? Options?

Fix asymmetry of the mouth

I would recommend Botox to correct this slight asymmetry. Injecting a small amount into the lip area should remedy this issue. Seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers Botox in your area for optimal results.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry -- Fillers, Botox in Combination

Fillers and botox can be used to improve this area. I suggest seeing a facial sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Asymmetry with Face

A combination of fillers and Botox will correct this facial asymmetry.  Be certain to consult an experienced injector for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Asymmetry of the Mouth

It appears that you have a weakness of your right facial muscles which accounts for the lower lip position, a shift of the cupids bow to the left and a flattening of the left nasolabial fold.Normally the lip is centered by the balanced relative pull from both sides of your face however your "stronger" left side" is pulling your lip to the left.This creates an asymmetry of your lip. The remedy is to inject the left upper lip with a small amount of Botox which will allow the lip to drift back toward the center and camouflage the lateral portion of the right side of the upper lip by filling outer portion with Restylane or Juvederm.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetries

A very common issue brought up by patients is concern over facial asymmetries.  It is important to understand that it is much more normal than not to have one brow higher than the other, and/or slight difference in height of the corner of the mouth.  Usually this is congenital, but sometimes is caused by conditions such as Bell's Palsy or trauma. That having been said, use of toxins such as Botox and fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse can help minimize such asymmetries. In the photos shown, there is no evidence of paralysis, but instead a lower right oral commissure.  The minimally invasive treatments mentioned work very effectively for this in experienced hands.  

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fix your Crooked smile with Botox and Fillers

Your smile appears crooked because of two reasons. First, your lips are different sizes and second, your muscles are pulling slightly different. You can manage both these problems with the combination of Botox to your DOA (depressor Oral angularis) a muscle. You can balance the difference in your lip size with a number of HA fillers. Obviously this should be done by an experienced doctor.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon