Best Filler for "Butt Chin" Dimple?

Hello, I am looking to find out what type of filler is best to smoothen out large-area indents in the skin like the well-known "butt chin" feature, or a singular, deep bag well below the eye? I am a 21 year old transwoman who seems to be suffering prematurely from the masculine, aging effects of male androgens (which cause both thickening and "dimples" in male facial tissue) and I'm looking for a safe, cost-friendly way to smoothen out a few features which make me look more rugged than pretty!

Doctor Answers 3

Best Filler for Cleft Chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a doubt, I believe that the best filler for chins is Radiesse. Being that it is made of calcium hydroxyapatite (the same substance in bone and teeth), it looks and feels incredibly natural. Other fillers risk being more moldable, as well as lumpy or mobile. 

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Best facial filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Most commonly used facial fillers are HA (Hyaluronic acid) based fillers, like Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, etc and Radiesse (calcium hydroxylapatite). These are temporary fillers, with duration of about 12 months or so.  Both types are equally effective and can be used pretty much everywhere in the face (except Radiesse is not indicated for lip augmentation).  I suggest you start with one of these first, and then you may consider other options such as either a permanent filler or implants.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

Facial Fat Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without seeing pictures it is impossible to say for sure. But generally the use of fat injections for tear troughs and other facial areas is the most cost-effective way of facial soft tissue augmentation over the long-term.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.