Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Adding fat to my buttocks?

Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Thomas T. Nguyen, MD

Fat from stomach to buttock

Transferring fat from the stomach or other body regions into the buttock is becoming more and more popular.  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  It can provide a very natural enhancement to the buttock while simultaneously reducing the stomach

Fat Transfer

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Can fat be taken from one place and put somewhere else?

Absolutely.  Fat harvesting using liposuction can be performed in many areas of the body. This fat can then be purified and injected into multiple areas to augment and enhance natural body contours. The most common sites of fat injection are to the Buttocks, face, and breasts. Most patients are candidates but ask your surgeon for specific evaluation.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Any part of the body for which liposuction is appropriate (ie. presence of fat with good skin tone) can be used to obtain fat for transfer to the buttock and thighs.  Keep in mind that some of the transferred fat will be resorbed, so the more fat obtained, the better!
Good luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Fat Transfer

Yes, the premise of a fat transfer or fat grafting procedure is that we remove fat from other areas of the body (commonly the abdomen, flanks, inner and outer thighs, arms, etc...) via liposuction and reintroduce this fat to other areas of the patients body for augmentation purposes.  For the buttock and lateral hip depressions, this procedure is more commonly referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL and these procedures have yielded fantastic and long lasting results.  This combination of procedures (liposuction and fat transfer) have afforded plastic surgeons the ability to re-shape and re-proportion patient bodies, which ultimately provides patients with the curves and body silhouettes that they desire.   

Prices are variable and depend on factors such as how many areas treated, location of practice, location of surgical procedure (office setting versus hospital setting), surgeon experience and expertise, etc...  Many offices, including my own, do offer different financing options for patients wishing to undergo a cosmetic surgical procedure such as this.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in liposuction and fat transfer procedures for a thorough in-person consultation and physical exam.  

Is it possible to tranfer fat from your stomach to you buttocks?

Yes, it is possible to transfer fat from any part of the body to the buttocks. however the final objective of any body contouring procedure is to achieve harmony.  For buttock contour, lipo of the lower back is fundamental as it achieves a sexy curve before the buttocks begin.  You best bet would be to do a full lipo of back and front to get a great body to go with your new buttocks. 

Juan Diego Mejia, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

It is possible to move fat from where you don't want it to where you do

Liposuction is not a tool for weight loss, but is an excellent tool for reshaping as it removes fat from focal areas of excess.  Rather than disposing of that fat, the harvested cells can be purified and grafted (carefully replaced) into an area of deficiency.  The buttock is one anatomic location that can be enhanced through the transfer of fat cells.

The cost of this procedure varies by surgeon, by location and depends on your anatomy.  I recommend that you discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.