Is It Possible to Transfer Fat from Stomach to Buttocks?

If I get lipo in my stomach and underarms can I put that fat in my butt and thighs? How much would all that cost and can I finance it?

Adding fat to my buttocks?

Absolutely. This is commonly called a brazillian butt lift or BBL. I usually take fat from multiple areas in order to get enough for a larger buttock area but you can take it from basically anywhere you would normally do liposuction. Good luck, Dr K

Liposuction and Fat transfer cost approx. $6,000

Of course, fees vary greatly from one surgeon to the next. Our fee for Liposuction of Two Areas and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks in $6,000 (global fee including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and OR fee) but I'm sure you can find cheaper and much more expensive. Our patients have the option of financing, however, it has been more difficult to get financing over the last few months. I wish you the best of luck!

Thomas T. Nguyen, MD

Fat from stomach to buttock

Transferring fat from the stomach or other body regions into the buttock is becoming more and more popular.  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  It can provide a very natural enhancement to the buttock while simultaneously reducing the stomach

Fat Transfer

Yes, it is possible. The cost varies by geographical area and surgeon. Generally, the cost will be between $6000-$9000.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Cost of fat transfer to the buttocks also know as Brazillian Buttock Lift

Yes, fat can be suctioned out from the abdomen and injected your buttocks. Cost is usually around 5 to 7,000. Here is what you should know about fat transfer to the buttocks. The procedure can be done under local or sedation. Fat injections often yield safer and better results than silicone buttock implants. Results can be touched up after 6 months and two treatments are often required to get long lasting results- 2 to 5 years.

1. Results are not always predictable in terms of how much of the injected fat is long lasting.

2. Younger patients, who don't smoke, and have sufficient abdominal fat or thigh fat are ideal candidates and have the best results.

3. Make sure your procedure is being performed by a qualified surgeon in a certified facility to minimize risks and complications.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can fat be taken from one place and put somewhere else?

Absolutely.  Fat harvesting using liposuction can be performed in many areas of the body. This fat can then be purified and injected into multiple areas to augment and enhance natural body contours. The most common sites of fat injection are to the Buttocks, face, and breasts. Most patients are candidates but ask your surgeon for specific evaluation.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Buttock

You can absolutely transfer fat to the buttock and possibly thighs if needed. The stomach and arms provide excellent fat quality and therefore are great donor regions. The price varies depending on the amount of donor areas and the extent of the transfer. The price varies on the region of the U.S. as well. Financing is available with most doctors. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Absolutely!

Any part of the body for which liposuction is appropriate (ie. presence of fat with good skin tone) can be used to obtain fat for transfer to the buttock and thighs.  Keep in mind that some of the transferred fat will be resorbed, so the more fat obtained, the better!
Good luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to tranfer fat from your stomach to you buttocks?

Yes, it is possible to transfer fat from any part of the body to the buttocks. however the final objective of any body contouring procedure is to achieve harmony.  For buttock contour, lipo of the lower back is fundamental as it achieves a sexy curve before the buttocks begin.  You best bet would be to do a full lipo of back and front to get a great body to go with your new buttocks. 

Juan Diego Mejia, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Yes, fat can be suctioned from an unwanted area like abdomen or arms and transferred into the face or buttocks region.  Generally, at least 300 cc fat is required to see a difference in the buttock region.  Price can range up to $8,500.

Tim Neavin, MD