I'm still swollen 2 months after liposuction. Is this normal?

I had lipo done on my upper abdomen and pubic area i year ago. But I still had noticeable middle abdomen. Went back to sonobello and had my middle abdomen done. It s been almost 2 months and I am still swollen but not just the middle but the upper abdomen as well. Help

Swelling after liposuction

I would suggest wearing your compression garment and taking SwellX tablets to help with the tissue edema. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Swelling after liposuction

Swelling after Liposuction can last up to 6 months before it settles down. It would be best for you to go back and see your surgeon so they can check on your recovery.

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

Swelling from liposuction can last anywhere from 3-6 months, possibly up to one year depending on the extent of liposuction performed.  Please follow up with your surgeon to review their post op recovery protocol with you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Lipo / still swollen

Yes, it is perfectly normal, especially if it is a revision of a lipo where we expect there is more fibrosis. You must wait a few months more for this to be resolved.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Swelling after lipo

Yes, even after revision lipo, the areas treated and events surrounding ares cane swollen.  Best to give it more time.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Swelling take up to 3 months to resolve but if you are unhappy its likely you will need a revision procedure. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.