Is It Ok to Get a Facial 2 Days After Botox or Fillers?

Procedures after a facial

I would not have any problems with you having botox or fillers after a facial.  The only hesitation at all would be that some facials can be irritating and can cause some modest vasodilation that could possibly make it more likely for you to bruise.  Facials are very shallow though and I don't see a problem.

Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Facials after Cosmetics

Having a facial done two days after Botox is completely fine however I would wait at least two weeks to do one after having fillers. You want to give enough time for it to set without interrupting the process.

Dennis Gross, MD

Top facials in Los Angeles

Our office utilizes specialty facials alongside lasers, photofacials, hydrafacials, and IPL to help improve skin tone and clarity.  These can be performed in our Los Angeles office immediately after Botox or fillers.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Facial Timing after Botox/Fillers

I personally recommend waiting a few weeks for a facial following Botox or fillers. Always let your aesthetician know when your last injections were.

Facial and Botox or fillers

You can have a facial 1 day after Botox injections.  You should wait 2 weeks after having fillers before having a facial.  Even if you do not notice any bruising after the filler, the areas will still be inflamed and there should not be any manipulation of your face.  It is possible to displace the filler or develop an infection. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial after botox or filler

Although there are no hard and fast rules, I would generally recommend waiting at least 3 days after botox or fillers to have a facial.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial after Botox or Fillers

There is no problem to get a facial treatment 2 days after botox or fillers, as long as there isn't excess tenderness, bruising or lumpiness in the treated areas

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

No problem!

Most BTX-A [BOTOX, XEOMIN, Dysport] is either taken up by the nerve endings or washed away by the circulation in the first hour after treatment, so as a practical matter I tell my patients there are NO restrictions on their activity after the first hour.

Fillers tend to be very stable after the first day, so a facial two days later should not be an issue, unless the injected area is still swollen, or is tender or bruised.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon