I had eyebrow implants 4 months ago. Original hair has fallen out and implanted hair grows sticking up. Is this normal?

I had eyebrow implants done the end of June. A lot if my normal hair has fallen out and implanted hair grows sticking up. Is this normal? Will my original hair grow back? Will implanted hair begin to look better over time? Please help. Feeling really self conscious

If the transplanted eyebrow hairs are growing straight out, it is a technical error and you need to discuss this with the doctor

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant; bad result

Your transplanted hairs and your native hairs should be grown in by the end of the year if not already. If the hairs are growing straight out, the transplant will need to be redone after these hairs are removed (electrolysis or laser). Eyebrow hairs have to inserted into slits that are nearly parallel to the skin with the curl of the hair facing the skin.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon