Under Eye Implants Shapes and Cost? (photo)

I'm 21, non smoker and healthy...I have deep dips under my eyes and loss of fullness generally in the face. I want a long term solutions and I think that facial implants are my only option. Can someone suggest the shape I would need and cost? The picture I have enclosed is quite blurred, my problem its very noticeable face to face. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 4

Infraorbital Rim Implants For Lower Eyelid Hollowing

What you are seeking are infraorbital rim implants that are placed through a lower eyelild incision. These style implants simultaneously augment the lower eye socket rims as well as the cheek area which is where you have the indentations/deficiency. Generally no more than 3mm to 4mm thick implants are needed. While fat or injectable fillers are other options and are preferred by many, skillfully placed infraorbital rim implants provide an unparalleled and permanent volumetric fill.

Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Under eye hollows

We have gone away from more invasive surgical options (implants) to more foregiving nonsurgical options to fill the under eye hollows namely filler injections, atlhough fat injection may be useful in other parts of the face.  That would be my recommendation for you.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 73 reviews

Facial fillers or fat

I think in this day and age, facial fillers of fat grafting is the way to go if, and I say if, you need correction of this area. An exam in person is key.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Eyelid surgery implants

Although there are implants designed for the lower lids and cheeks, I am not a fan of them.  They don't seem to make any improvement and there is a high incidence of dissatisfaction and subsequent removal.  A true waste of money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.