The whole right side of my face is lower than the left, even down to the sides of my nose and where my lips start (Photo)

Is this something that could be fixed by the NHS as a medical problem? I've just turned 17 and would really like to find out if i can fix this problem i've had for as long as i can remember

Correcing facial asymmetry

I would recommend waiting until you are in your 20's to do anything.  It's normal to have a face that is not perfectly symmetric!

Facial Asymmetry

In your case, the asymmetry is mild and not significantly deforming. As long as you don't have functional issues, I think it's best to leave it alone.  It's not easy to fix and it comes with significant risks. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Facial Asymmetry

You do have asymmetry of your facial bones, but I don't think that craniofacial surgery is the best option for you especially if your teeth alignment is okay now. Surgery would be a very complicated process possibly requiring multiple surgeries and braces if your jaws need to be moved.
The asymmetries can be easily masked with facial fillers and I think this will give you a very nice result. It will take several treatments to achieve the best symmetry and you will have to periodically reinject, but this, in my opinion, is the best option for you.

Facial asymmetry correction

Thank you for asking about your facial asymmetry.

• You do have slightly more than usual facial asymmetry.
  • Ask your GP to refer you to a Plastic Surgery consultant with experience in craniofacial surgery. 
  • S/he will do a full examination and determine if there is medical justification for corrective surgery. 
  • If there is not, you can balance your lower face with fillers without the cost or risk of major surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Modest craniofacial asymmetry should not be treated surgically.

There is some modest asymmetry where the right orbit appears to be slightly lower than the left. Correction of this involves very sophisticated surgery and is not worth the risks for such a modest aesthetic issue.