Chin implant or sliding genioplasty? Please help I'm nervous. (photos)

Iv recently been to a surgeon on the nhs over my side profile and bad anxiety over my side profile the surgeon told me he would put a brace and perform slideing genioplasty but I'd realy just prefare an implant my teeth are straight into had my front four crowned I'm happy with my teeth now finally but I'm wondering if an implant will be enough I realy don't want a big operation I'm a single mum to a toddler and iv read it can be a very complicated surgery will an implant make a difference

Sliding Genioplasty

Your surgeon likely was referring to a total lower jaw advancement that requires before and after surgery braces. You would be fine with a sliding genioplasty which just moves the chin bone forward and not the rest of the jaw. This would still be better than a chin plant in your case as the amount of forward movement is considerable and you chin needs to be vertically shortened at the same time.

Chin implant candidate

As long as your teeth fit together properly, consider a chin implant.  A sliding genioplasty  involves cuts in the mandible bone and plating at together in a more forward position.  A sliding genioplasty is performed by an oral surgeon in a hospital setting under general anesthesia with an overnight hospital stay, since it is very invasive.  A chin implant is performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure which takes approximately 30 minutes.  A small incision is placed underneath the chin and the implant is inserted.  For more information and  many chin implant  before and afters, please see the link and the video below