Is Endotine mid face lift effective and how long will the effect last? (photo)

How long will endotine mid lift last in reality.I was told by a a local doctor up to 10 years but is this the truth or just marketing Does connecting tissue really grows lifted and stays this way after the implant dissolves or it all sags back in a year or two?

Endotine midface lift

Endotine is an absorbing material used to hook tissues in place onto bone.
They were very fashionable about 8 years ago.
They absorb slowly and can form lumps.
They are used with endoscopic surgery to secure tissue to bone but they offer little benefit for soft tissue surgery.

Facial implants as part of a facelift have historically been failures.

I really don't think the introduction Endotine is a support substance to the facelift makes much sense. Is a foreign body that would generate a type of capsule. A properly executed facelift last a lifetime a news is no foreign materials.

Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

The use of suspension devices- Endotine, sutures- are of questionable benefit, except in the endoscopic browlift where the role of the Endotine is to secure the periosteum in an elevated position until it heals to the bone- this is different than the permanent suspension relied upon in most other suspension techniques using devices. That being said, if you trust your surgeon and he can show you in patient photos long-lasting results, then it certainly is something worth investigating.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does a mid facelift last

A good facelift will often last 10 years, although this is not guaranteed. The ageing process will continue (faster in some patients than others). There are many options to slow down the ageing process, including facial fillers/fat transfer or Thermage skin tightening laser. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Endotine midface lift

A midface lift is performed to address midface descent by repositioning the cheek (malar fat pad). The effect can be remarkable. Their is currently no data that I'm aware of stating that it will last 7 - 10 years. There are other factors also affecting the result such as midface fat volume loss and demarcation lines. To address these issues, fat grafting or laser resurfacing can improve the results and the longevity of the operation.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon