CoolSculpting chin numbness. How long until I feel normal again?

I just had 2 sessions of coolsculpting under my chin a few days ago. It is still numb. How long unti i get normal feeling again? When should I start to see results? Thank you

Coolsculpting for Chin

Numbness and tingling is very common in all body areas following Coolsculpting.  Most people see this diminish over time and it ranges from a few days to three weeks or so.  This is a normal response.  Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness under chin after CoolSculpting

Numbness after a CoolSculpting treatment can last for several weeks, but the amount of time needed for it to resolve can vary.  It can take 3-4 months to see the results after a treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Numbness

CoolSculpting numbness can last from a few days to several weeks.  It is a very normal reaction, especially a few days after a treatment.  If it persists and is bothersome after a few weeks, contact your provider.  This sensation usually resolves on its own gradually.  While many patients see their results between 1 to 3 months, it could possibly take up to 4 months.  Best of luck! 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Numbness under chin after CoolSculpting

What you are experiencing is completely normal. The length of time people experience numbness after CoolSculpting varies. One of our staff members felt numbness under her chin for 4 weeks and then it resolved to normal sensation. If you have any concerns, call the practice where you had your treatment.

Stephen Dubin, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN

Thank you for your question. It can take 2-3 weeks for side effects to subside. It can take 9-12 weeks to see results. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting results can be seen within weeks, altered skin sensations rarely last that long.

Pretty much all of the many hundreds of patients that we have treated, including myself, noticed numbness, tingling and funny feelings in the area treated for a few days to a few weeks after #CoolSculpting.  These are generally gone about the time you start to appreciate your results. It happens because the nerve endings get a little irritated by the cold but they are not damaged so they return to normal soon.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin Numbness

This is common after neck procedures oral neurontin and venus legacy help speed up the healing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Numbness after cool sculpt

this is a normal feeling following cool sculpt. We have written explanations for our clients and educate them that this can occur a few days to 3 weeks... but this is normal at this point. If you experience anything that seems abnormal however contact your provider immediately. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after CoolSculpting

1) can you clarify your CoolSculpting treatment? You said you had 2 CoolSculpting sessions under the chin a few days ago. Do you mean you had your 2 nd session or you actually had 2 treatments on the same visit?  It the answer is the latter, that would be a little unusual to perform the CoolSculpting treatment on the same area twice. 

2) numbness and parenthesis or abnormal sensation can occur after the CoolSculpting but is not permanent. It usually resolves within several weeks but can sometimes last several months 

it will go away so don't worry

all the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician