Why are my boobs and nipples pointy? Seems conical. My nipples always poke out and seem puffy also.

I had my boobs done in January. It is now July and they are not round and "natural" looking. I really am not happy with them.

Puffy Nipples

Thank you for your question and photo. Some areolas are naturally more puffy than others. If they had this characteristic prior to surgery then the additional pressure of an implant may have amplified it. You may find that this resolves over time or if it continues to bother you discuss an areola reduction procedure with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Puffy Nipples

Thank you for your question.  It would be helpful to see before pictures, it  is hard to say without them.  You do appear to have a very natural result.  A nipple reduction may help you get the look that you desire.  This might be something that you may want to discuss with your plastic surgeon.  The other option is to give yourself more time to heal and see how everything settles into place.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Puffy Nipples

The breast tissue and areola can be pushed forward by the implant behind.  Most likely this could be compared to your pre-op photos and represents your natural anatomy.  A nipple reduction could help with that shape.  It is also possible that with more time the shape might improve as things will evolve in the shape over the next 6 months.  I'd recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Areola puffy

It would have been helpful to see preops and other views, but if they are puffy and pocking out, sometimes an areola reduction can help.

Breast augmentation result

Your result looks very natural to me. Breast augmentation generally makes the breast that you naturally have larger. It doe not make it look like someone else breast. I suspect that your nipple areola shape was always conical. Hope this helps explain. Good luck.

Why are my boobs and nipples pointy? Seems conical. My nipples always poke out and seem puffy too.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Your nipple appearance is quite normal and is a result of your natural breast tissue pushing into your areola.  This appearance typically changes based on temperature and emotions. The attempt at improving this appearance entails additional scarring onto your breast and would not be recommended.  See your surgeon to discuss your results and voice your concerns.  

One view is not enough to make an assessment; however,

the nipple areolar complex is conical which is very normal.  This physical appearance is totally within normal limits.  After children, it will most likely change to a more flatter appearance. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Pointy Nipples

Thank you for your question and photo. What you appear to be seeing is a component of nipple herniation. This is a condition where in the rest tissue pushes  against the skin beneath the areola, given a more pointy appearance to the breast. Frequently, patient will say they like the appearance of the breast better when their nipples are cold or stimulated. This is a result of the nipple and areolar skin tightening and pushing this tissue back in. This is more a function of your breast anatomy than of the augmentation or implant. A periareolar mastopexy, where some skin around the areola is removed can help improve this appearance, although based on your photos, I do not think the scar would necessarily be worth it. Discuss this with your surgeon, who should be able to give you a more detailed answer. Best regards.