Squishy bubbly feeling in breasts.

Is it normal to feel like there's water rolling around after ba? When I squeeze my right breast It feels like there's air stuck in it it is also a lot firmer than the left. I had my ba late Tuesday so 3 days ago is this normal. I was under the impression there was going to be no air in the implants.

Fluid in chest after augmentation

Yes, it is quite common for patients to feel fluid in the pocket right after surgery. This usually resolves after several days.  If concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Normal after BA

Early after surgery there is significant swelling of the soft tissues which develops rapidly over several days and then requires weeks to slowly resolve.Small amounts of fluid may form around your new implants which is also slowly resorbed.Consequently, a sloshing, squeeking, squishy, and bubbly feeling is often described by patients at your early stage of recovery.  This is completely normal and will resolve with time.Enjoy your new look!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Squishy bubbly feeling

This is completely normal and should resolve soon. It is not air in the implants but more than likely either an antibiotic fluid placed around the implant to prevent infection or air in the pocket. It will go away. Do not worry and enjoy your new implants.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Squishy bubbly feeling in breasts

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you are describing a normal phenomenon after breast augmentation surgery. Sometimes air will be present around the implant after surgery. This is absorbed with time goes away.
If there is ever any real concern, don't hesitate to reach out to your surgeon's office.

Bubbly feeling in breats

Thank you for your question. What you are describing sounds fairly normal. There can be a little fluid or air in the pocket around the implant that can cause a squishy feeling. This should resolve within a couple of weeks. As with any question or concern, I recommend that you follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

There can be a little fluid or air in the pocket around the implant that can cause a squishy feeling. This air in the pocket around the implant or in the implant will dissipate in the next few weeks. The fluid may take a little longer. Good luck..

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon