Before and after pictures of breast augmentation for patients with large breasts who want huge breasts? (photos)

Many women who want breast implants are looking to size up to a D or E from much smaller, but what I want to see are pictures where the patient was 34E or 710 cc to start with, then sized up to 34I or 1370 cc afterward. Are there before/after of this anywhere? I want to know how natural this can look. I have a wide frame, so I think I can support a size that large, but I don't want it to look too fake. I want to look like these pictures, big and full with a lot of hang. Is this a realistic goal?

Before and after pictures of breast augmentation for patients with large breasts who want huge breasts?

Thank you for the question.  You are not alone;  our office sees patients who want the "larger" look on a daily basis.  For many patients with a "wider frame",  these results can be achieved without complications.  Sometimes they can be achieved in one operation; sometimes in a staged fashion. You will find many examples of  relevant before/after photographs on the attached link. Best wishes.

I'm unclear if the pictures that you seen are your current pictures.  At the bottom of the pictures it says "desired".  In the picture the breast are starting to sag a bit.  If you were to put implant in that size of breast it would only accelerate the process.  Remember, breast live off the edge of a cliff all their lives.  There is only one direction they are going to go.  As always what a patient desire is always in their heads and not the surgeon head.  Trying to match expectation is always difficult.  It would be even more difficult when one of the ongoing factors that will determine the result for the short and long term is the law of gravity.

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Implant desire

You would have to be seen in person to determine what would be appropriate for you. The reason you don't see a lot of those, is that most patients who want breast augmentation often do not have a lot of native breast tissue.

Large breasts

Without knowing what your breasts are like now there is no way to know what your individual specific possibilities are. It is common for large framed patients to require quite a lot of width and volume to achieve larger sizes.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Someone with the amount of breast tissue you have would probably get a good result with saline implants, and 700-1000cc would give you what you are looking for with augmentation.With the large amount of tissue you have, it would look natural.Good luck,Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

Large implants for augmentation

The largest size of implant currently made is 800cc, although there are currently clinical studies for larger implants going on. Unless you are in those studies, the only way to have an implant greater than 800cc would be to significantly overfill a saline implant. This would void the warranty for that implant, as it is being used outside of the manufacturer's specifications. You need to to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and understand the trade offs for very large implants, including how the weight of those implants can compromise your tissues with time.

Thank you for sharing your question.  It is possible for larger chested women to have implants placed and be left with a natural breast shape but increased breast volume.  This will depend on an in-person examination to help determine the best style and profile of implants to match your desired goals.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendations.  

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants: