Lipo second time on calves and ankles ? (photos)

I had cankle lipo over a year ago but not happy with the results .. do you think I can do it again and get a good result? I want a slimmer calf and ankle I still cant see my achilles tendon !!? Please refer to my photos .. I attached side and back shots ..

Calf Reduction

While it might be possible to achieve more definition of your ankles and calves it’s important when looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles and restore a more shapely leg. Unlike other areas of the body the ankles and calves  require a certain delicacy which is why I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It’s thought to  involve less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also resculpts the legs.

Hidef Liposuction Revision expert in Los Angeles

I would suggest lipocavitation, liposculpting, fat grafting to the calves, and Exilis skin tightening. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Based on your photos and that you have had liposuction to this area already, I would not suggest having more liposuction. There is very little space between the skin and muscle typically in this area and especially if fat has already been removed.The risk of creating divots or damage to the connective tissues is higher than the benefit you "might" receive.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction ankles

Thank you for taking the time to post a question. It is possible to have liposuction of the area again but there will be scar tissue there which makes it more difficult. This is a difficult area to liposuction already. Be sure that you chose someone who does this regularly. With a repeat procure you should be able to get better contouring of this area. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon