Dysport Recovery

I'm considering getting Dysport but I want to know what the typical recovery is like. Is a couple of hours enough? Or will there be bruising or swelling that will require a longer downtime?

No Down-time Recovery with Dysport

Like the more well known Botox® brand,Dysport® is an injectable used to temporarily improve the look of frown lines without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to freely show facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas. Over time, the use of muscles above and between the eyebrows cause wrinkles. Injecting Dysport® into these areas, blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, reducing muscle activity. The result is temporary softening or elimination of visible wrinkles/lines.

Besides the visible wanted effects of the treatment, little swelling or bruising should be apparent after a treatment.

#Dysporttreatments  #Dysportrecovery   #Dysporttreatments

Easy Recovery from Dysport

.Injecting Dysport®  blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, reducing muscle activity. The result is temporary softening or elimination of visible wrinkles/lines.

The best way to avoid the side effects of bruising and swelling is to avoid aspirin, ibuprofen or Omega-3s for several days before your treatment. We also recommend a homeopathic oral tablet, Arnica, to help reduce the degree and length of time of bruising.

#Dysporttreatslines   #Dysportrecovery  #Dysporttreatments

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Dysport recovery

Dysport is similar to Botox where there is no recovery time. I do recommend not laying down for at least 4 hours after the treatment and no exercise the day of. With any injections there is always a chance of bruising, but to help lessen the chances stay away from blood thinners for a few days leading up to the appointment and arnica can help lessen the chances as well.

Dennis Gross, MD

Downtime for Dysport

There really isn't any recovery time for Dysport.  I ask my patients to ice the areas we inject and avoid exercising the day of the injection to minimize swelling.  Much like Botox, Dysport is administered using a similar technique.  As such, the risk of bruising and swelling should be the same as a previous Botox injection.

If this is your first time getting Dysport, the vast majority of patients have mild redness and swelling for 2-6 hours.  Bruising is very rare, but if you do get a bruise, it is usually pinpoint in nature.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Downtime for Dysport

There is no downtime and no "recovery time" is needed after Dysport injections. Usually, there is minimal redness that subsides within 5-10 minutes after the injections. As with any needle injection procedure, there is a slight risk of bruising.

Downtime After Dysport

Normally after a Dysport treatment, you will have some redness and swelling from the injections that looks like bee stings. This normally resolves within an hour. Sometimes bruising can occur, but it can usually be easily covered with some makeup. The typical instructions given to patients after treatment are to avoid vigorous activity or exercise for 12 hours and to stay upright for 4 hours. Other than that, the downtime is minimal.

Dysport Recovery

Dysport injections have virtually no recovery time, and no dressings or bandages are needed.  You may have small, red bumps at the injection sites that subside in 15-30 minutes. Go ahead and return to work- just stay upright and avoid alcohol and exercise for several hours , since excess movements can jolt the solution out of place.   Pain is minimal- patients may experience brief, tolerable pain during the injection and a minor amount of tenderness after treatment.  Drugstore pain relievers like ibuprofen can alleviate any aches afterward.

After several days and up to one week, you should see the full results of your Dysport treatment. The wrinkles at the treatment site should be greatly reduced and your apparent age may also decrease as a benefit. The positive wrinkle-reducing effects of your treatment can last up to six months. Many patients choose to return within this time to undergo touch up treatments to extend the wrinkle reducing benefits.

Syed Amiry, DO
Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport recovery

Typically, there may be some swelling and redness at the injection sites immediately after injections.  For some, bruising may occur, and this may last for a few days to a week.

Sam Naficy, MD

Dysport/botox recovery

Most patients are able to continue with their day after having dysport or botox. I always warn patients that they may get a bruise or some redness. But it's nothing that make up can't cover (this is true for men also). I ask my patients not to drink alcohol, exercise vigorously or go shoe shopping (bend down) immediately after the injection - all increase the chance of bruising.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Dysport Recovery

Most patients resume normal activities immediately following the procedure. There is usually no discomfort after the procedure. Unfortunately, some patients may experience some bruising that can last several days or longer. This is uncommon when treating the frown lines and is more common when treating the Crow's feet.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon