Can I have a fat transfer from thighs to buttocks?

I have fats down the area under my butt and I have fat around my thighs and legs.. I dont really have fat in my abdominal area or my back.. I have a hourglass shape but when I lost 30kg my butt has gone out of shape.. I need to know will fat transfer from my thighs to buttocks would work for me..?

Fat transfer from thighs to buttocks

Thank you for your question. Yes, when planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from your thighs depends on the quantity available. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. For the appropriate candidate yes fat can be taken form the thighs to enhance the buttocks. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Fat transfer

Hi thank you for your question! You can transfer fat from any area of your body to augment your buttocks. Obviously volume is of great importance and you may need several different area suctioned at one time to allow for adequate volume enhancement. 

Hope this helps!

Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

without pictures it is impossible to to know if you a good candidate. And yes fat from the thighs can be harvest to the buttocks. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Hi. Not having photos of your figure prevents me from giving you an accurate assessment of your needs./ I suggest you re-post with photos. To answer your question.....yes fat from the thigh can be harvested and transferred to youir buttocks. Good luck

:Dr. PG 

It is a pleasure to answer your question. You can definitely have fat transfer from thighs to your buttocks, but it is necessary to at least see pictures to make sure you are a good candidate for this surgical procedure. I recommend you visit a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to buttock from thighs/legs

Hi, thanks for your question. The answer is yes, fat from anywhere on the body can be used to transfer to your buttocks for augmentation. There are some areas in the body (such as the upper abdomen and outer thigh) where the fat is more fibrous and less soft, however this fat can still be used to augment your buttocks.

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

In short, yes fat from your thighs can be used to enhance your buttocks.  However, the volume present in the thighs may not be enough to give you the result you desire.  An in person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the best information. 

Naveen Setty, MD