How long are the stitches supposed to stay in after liposuction? (Photo)

I had a bbl done and now I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. I went for my massage and she told me I had stitches in my back. I called the office and they told me they are dissolvable. How long does it take for these stitches to dissolve?

Stitches

Farrah,

Thanks for the question and for the photos.

Sutures generally dissolve within the first 2 weeks following surgery.  I remove all sutures within 5-8 days.

Contact your surgeon about removing any still present after 2 1/2 weeks.  You may also just cut the knots with a small clean scissors and the rest of the suture will fall out shortly thereafter on their own.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Dissolvable stitches

Absorbable sutures usually fall out within 4 weeks post op . if the knot bothers you , you could cut the knot with small clean scissors after 2 weeks 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

How long are the stitches supposed to stay in after liposuction

Thank you for your question.  I usually remove sutures in 2-5 days. Sutures will dissolve or fall out in 3 weeks to 3 months.  Best Wishes

Dissolvable stitches

Usually dissolvable stitches fall off by about a week or so.  Some last a bit longer. If there is one still in, you should ask your surgeon to trim them or cut them out.