4ml for pronounced cheek augmentation (Photo)

I have a flat cheekbone/mid face. I want a very round cheekbone with lots of projection. I've herd it's best to achieve this slowly over several sessions. But since I know I want a very dramatic augmented look, is it possible to safely do 4ml of voluma in each cheek.? Is the filler safe in that quantity in 1 session? Or is this to traumatic to the tissue in 1 session?

You will know if you like the look as you are doing it. Not all 4 cc's must be injected at once.

Hi Jerronba,

I think 4ml of Voluma per cheek may be too much, but you will know as you are having it injected.

The best part of fillers is that it is WYSIWYG, or What you see is what you get.  The fillers are opened one at a time, so as you finish 1-2 syringes on the first cheek, you will have sense of whether you are getting the result that you are looking for.  If 2 looks good, then why do 3 or 4?  Then stop and have your injector inject the same amount on the other side.  If 2 looks good, and you want more, then open the 3rd one and continue.   Perhaps 3 looks good, and you can stop.  

In my practice, my goal is to not make my patients look like they had any work done.  At some point the, fill may start to look odd or puffy.  So keep an eye on that, while you are having it done.

If you want to be conservative, you can do this is more than one session.  When you are swollen during the first few days after the first injection session you can use this as a "filler simulation" to determine whether or not you want more.  You may feel that you look puffy when swollen instead of a sculpted, cheek augmented appearance.  If that is the case, then cheek implants are firm implants placed on the bone which acts more like bone structure, without making the cheek fat plumper.  

One thing to note, the filler can add soft volume to the cheek which may look very cheeky and not sculpted, as you see in male models.  If you look at male models they actually have relatively hollow faces with a cheek hollow below their cheekbone and pretty flat cheeks from a fat standpoint, but good bone structure.

Hope that makes some sense.  

Dr. Yang

P.S. If you find my answers or other doctors answers to questions are helpful, please +1 those answers to push up the better answers to the top, which helps others who read the same post, get to the more helpful answers first.

P.P.S. There is a new feature on Realself, which is the "Follow" button. It is similar to the "Like" button on Facebook. If you like my response or any of the doctor responses while you research on Realself, you should "Follow" them. You will get email updates, when the doctors you follow post any new answers to questions, post new photos, or have any new reviews.

Volum and cheek injections

It is possible to do 4cc of Voluma in one session if you want a dramatic result.  I would suggest you have two syringes (2cc) injected and look at the results during the injection.  You can always have more product added at that time.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Cheek Augmentation With Fillers, Fat, Sculptra, Implants

There are many options, I suggest a formal consultation.  Its hard to put a number of how much should be done.  In my practice if you want full cheek augmentation we charge one fee and i will use as much filler as it takes to get to optimal correction.  We call this facial sculpting and is technique based rather than number or syringe based.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma for cheek augmentation

Dear Jerronba,

4 ml of Voluma per cheek is a bit too much for one sitting. I suggest that you consult with a facial plastic surgeon in the area and discuss your needs in more detail. Voluma can be injected in different parts of the cheek for best/optimal results. It should be injected more deeply than Juvederm for the best 'lifting effect'. Good luck

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would advise going slowly and seeing if you like the results with less first.

While it is possible to have 4 syringes done in each cheek, I would advise going slowly and seeing if you like the results with less first. You can see Voluma results immediately, so it is possible to pause after each syringe, examine your results, and if you want more, continue. It’s always easier to add more than to reverse results when too much is added. 

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Hi jerronba

Thank you for your question and photo.  When getting injectable fillers its always best to start slow instead of injecting to much product at once.  When you are getting the voluma injected you will be able to see your results right away.  I recommend starting with 1 syringe at a time.  You will be able to tell your injector during the injections if you want more. Best of luck

How much Voluma

It is best not to start with an idea of volume of syringes.  Have your dermatologist inject symmetrically on each side, starting with a single syringe on each side, and then evaluate your appearance. You can keep adding, until you achieve the look that you want.  

Michael Ehrenreich, MD, FAAD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon